DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need to get some feedback on cruising RPM's. I have 3.92 gears, and with the stock 33" tall tires, I am running 1800 rpm's at 65 mph. That seems kinda low to me, especially considering I am moving up to a 35" tire. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Oh lord, I didnt even see that this was your tread lol

Seriously tho you'll be fine wth 3.92s!

Monsters ehh, I'm a fan of those too. Now you gotta murk the rest of that truck out!!!!!

WHERE ARE MY PICS!?!?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Get to work on that. Im a fan of leavin the Hemi badge on...bc it cost me money haha

Hey man, that just means you have to drop 2500 on some front and rear bumpers ;)

Is your truck done...

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
That makes sense bc your on the opposite coast as me. I was like shite man its 6 oclock come on already!

I had a new Maggy Y pipe, Maggy 14" and resonators cutout last February. It sounded good but wasnt very loud. Flows sound good but EVERY truck has em, kinda like those Toyos ;)

Last weekend i had a true dual setup put on with 2 AT3030s.....ITS BEAST!! Havent really heard a truck sound like it. Its unique, has quality and has BALLS when you get on it! Should hear those higher rpms when my 4.56s go in in a few weeks....maybe some Swamper smoke with it too :SHOCKED:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
It was my first Maggy. It sounded good and had the sound I was goin for at first. Just a nice rumble until 3k then it opened up. But it almost got raspy high up in the rpms. Anything will be an improvement over stock tho.

Well you're lucky about the prices. Thing is no one makes 4.56s for the 11s. The carrier has to be modified to an extent. You're actually talking to the guy that's gonna have the first 4.56 geared '11 Ram in the USofA :smileup:

You're doing the 37x13.50s right? It's gonna kill your power but its not unbearable. I have 3.55s and have been running this etup since April last year....a good 18k miles on the setup. I'm an avid hunter and kinda addicted to the wet brown stuff. It does good but also can bog down in some deep muckyness or gumbo/clay :doh: Put this beotch in 4lo and its a completely diff story tho :box:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Which bodylift...1.25" or 3"

I have a 1.25", havent put it on yet tho. May do that tomorrow. It's gonna make my already small 37s look even smaller tho :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Candy, I went into my local dodge dealer today and my buddy in parts told me they have 4.56's available for the 2011 ram 1500. about $700 bucks front and rear with both install kits. Interesting?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.