DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have been lookin for awhile trying to decide on new tires and possibly new wheels too. Well times up, I need to have a new set on by the weekend.

So here is the deal I currently have the stock tires 275/60R20 with 40 000kms. With only a few months of winter left should I buy some new winter tires and then put the stock ones back on for this summer, then I will be all set for next winter too and just buy new summer tires next year. OR should I just buy some new all seasons now which should be good for the rest of the winter and this summer then buy some new winters for next winter when there are better deals.

I guess its six of one and half a dozen of the other really.

For a comparison I was quoted $355 per tire for Michelin LTX M/S2 (All-season) in a 275/60R20 and $275 per tire for Bridgestone Blizzak DM.V1 (Winter) in the same size.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
WOW $350 per tire is crazy IMO. You ought to be able to get some good tires for $200-$300 at the most even in your size (20's are pretty common now). I don't have to deal with snow, but if it were me I'd get an extra set of wheels and mount two sets, that way your not paying to have the tires installed every season.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking for a set of 18" wheels however haven't been able to find a set yet. Ideally I would like a set of winter and summer wheels and tires but I need to have new tires on by the weekend.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
If that's the case, and since winter is almost over, why not just mount your summer tires, and buy another set of wheels over the year when you find a set. Then once you get them, mount winter tires to them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you man.Can't make my mind up but think I'm just going to use these untill spring then do something. I have just over 43000km on mine....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey guys, so I have been lookin for awhile trying to decide on new tires and possibly new wheels too. Well times up, I need to have a new set on by the weekend.

So here is the deal I currently have the stock tires 275/60R20 with 40 000kms. With only a few months of winter left should I buy some new winter tires and then put the stock ones back on for this summer, then I will be all set for next winter too and just buy new summer tires next year. OR should I just buy some new all seasons now which should be good for the rest of the winter and this summer then buy some new winters for next winter when there are better deals.

I guess its six of one and half a dozen of the other really.

For a comparison I was quoted $355 per tire for Michelin LTX M/S2 (All-season) in a 275/60R20 and $275 per tire for Bridgestone Blizzak DM.V1 (Winter) in the same size.
I was in the same position so I decided on new Bridgestone Blizzak DM.V1's in the stock size and had them mounted on my stock 20's seeing as we still have at least 2 months of winter to go here in ON. These "plastic clad" stock wheels actually stand up to winter real well.

I plan on getting new aftermarket 20's in spring so I'll have 2 full sets (summer/winter). By the way...ordered my Blizzaks on-line from tirerack.com (my local tire shop couldn't touch the price and he actually recommended me going this route). Got them for $208 each plus shipping & brokerage/customs. Still cheaper than buying locally. I always run winter tires and have had all brands. The Blizzaks are by far the best IMO.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Im leaning towards putting on the Blizzaks for now, as you say there is still a few months left of winter and also buys me some more time to try and find a second wheel and tire package.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just been looking at Canadian Tire. They have some good deals on Grabber & Continental. Just dont go with the vehicle locator. Pick the right size from each manufacturer. I got it down to $1150 for 4 installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts