DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at getting the 7 inch lift for my 11 ram...i noticed the spindle alone is about 1100$...i also noticed it looks exactly the same as the one for 02-08 which i found for about 800....so i did some small research and found that they have the same part number. i might be a little late but are they the same? if so why the price difference on spindle only sales?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've heard the parts were interchangeable with the 02-08 lift BUT if this truly were the case then Fabtech and a few others would have kits out for the 09+ trucks. I'll have my 7" lift here after tax time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well if they were that would help a bit as far as price...i just dont see it being a typo in oart numbers but i could be wrong

·
Registered
355 Posts
When I was checking prices it was far cheaper to get the 7" kit instead of piecing it together and is likely still cheaper even if you found the 08-down spindles. Also keep in mind the 4" kit includes a billet 1" rear spacer as well as s/s brake lines, which may be where the extra 300 comes in.

Spindles/brake lines/ 1" rear spacer: 1100
+ leveling kit (2.5 inches) or lift springs if you don't have a hemi: 300-500
+ rear 4" spacer: 200
+ knuckles for rear: 100
total is 1700 - 1900 and comes to 6.5" of lift and being generous on the prices of the extra pieces

Complete 7" kit with shocks is under 1600 shipped on ebay. I hope this helps clear things up, I debated getting the 4" and then building it up from there but after realizing how much cheaper it was I decided on the 7" kit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The spindles are exactly the same the only reason why the kit for the 4th gen is more is because you need the steel braided hoses which run about 100 bucks more, and depending what you do with your truck dont run the 7 inch kit, i have the 6 inch in the truck pictured below with a top gun customs 2.5 inch spacer in the rear with procomp shocks and it works great, the reason why i say dont run the 7 inch is because the shocks are absolutly maxed out with 3 inches added to the spring and if you go offroad at all and the shocks try and jounce it makes a terrible noise and rides like shit, with the 2 inch spacer and the spindle off road performance is do able desert performance is great i can give you more info if youd like just pm me or something

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

Reactions: wbowyer

·
Registered
179 Posts
You cant add a shock to the front because the 2WD uses the shock as a droop stop so if the front hangs lower than the shock wants to the upper control arm hits the spring hat and it over pivots the balljoints, its just a bad situation all the way around , the rigors of lifting a 2WD haha

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The spindles are exactly the same the only reason why the kit for the 4th gen is more is because you need the steel braided hoses which run about 100 bucks more, and depending what you do with your truck dont run the 7 inch kit, i have the 6 inch in the truck pictured below with a top gun customs 2.5 inch spacer in the rear with procomp shocks and it works great, the reason why i say dont run the 7 inch is because the shocks are absolutly maxed out with 3 inches added to the spring and if you go offroad at all and the shocks try and jounce it makes a terrible noise and rides like shit, with the 2 inch spacer and the spindle off road performance is do able desert performance is great i can give you more info if youd like just pm me or something
very nice truck...is it 2wd??....only reason i though just buying spindles only was cause i can get the 2 inch spacer and the rear spacer locally cheaper that i can online...how tall is ur truck? and what wheel/tire combo are u running?

·
Registered
179 Posts
yea its 2wd with 6 inches total of lift in the front and 2.5 inches in the rear if you run just the spindle just do a 1 inch spacer in the rear that CST offers it will sit perfectly level i buddy of mine has it the CST 4 inch kit on his truck im telling you the gaps are identical front and rear and he clears 35s with 4.5 inch backspacing its kind of tight but no rubbing on my truck im running 35x1250x20s on 20x10 Hostages with 4.5 inch backspacing as well:smileup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea its 2wd with 6 inches total of lift in the front and 2.5 inches in the rear if you run just the spindle just do a 1 inch spacer in the rear that CST offers it will sit perfectly level i buddy of mine has it the CST 4 inch kit on his truck im telling you the gaps are identical front and rear and he clears 35s with 4.5 inch backspacing its kind of tight but no rubbing on my truck im running 35x1250x20s on 20x10 Hostages with 4.5 inch backspacing as well:smileup:
damn i rally want the kit...but for now i think im gonna get jthe leveling spacer for the front and throw some 33's on it til im able to get some extra cash

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok im gonna get the spindles payday...where can i get the rear spacer? front im gonna do 4 inch spindle 2 coil spacer...and maybe a bodylift.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Topguncustomz.com get the 2.5 inch spacer for the rear with procomp 927543 shocks in the rear it rides peeeerrrfect trust me !! and if you want to get really into it call tuff country suspensions and get part #34100 and all the hardware for it then the rear of you truck will be flawless

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Topguncustomz.com get the 2.5 inch spacer for the rear with procomp 927543 shocks in the rear it rides peeeerrrfect trust me !! and if you want to get really into it call tuff country suspensions and get part #34100 and all the hardware for it then the rear of you truck will be flawless
im sory but im completley lost....i cant seem to find the rear coil spacer on topgun customz...and the part number for the tuff country is for a 4wd...mine is 2wd regular cab.

·
Registered
179 Posts
OOOOKK bear with me here, the only difference between the 4wd and the 2wd is the obvious differential and axles and front cross members but the back is exactly the same in every way shape and form, when lifting the rear end more than one inch in throws the rear suspension geometry out of wack ( track bar angle ) if the track bar sits at too much of an angle it pulls the axle towards the passenger side. with all that being said if you go to topguncustoms 09 and up 4wd section you will see a wide variety and sizes of rear lift spacers most for rite around 80 dollars the procomp shocks are good for stock to all the way up to 3 inches of lift and are cheapest from summitracing rite around 5o bucks a piece if i remember rite and the rear panhard bar drop bracket is about 80 bucks , the alternative to all this is to stick with the pre-made kits CSTs 4 inch or 7 inch kit or you can make your own its really up to you. Just remember if you do a body lift you can never run tow hooks and your tow package hangs down like some old saggy balls , you can make a 2wd pretty big and still ride reaaaly good just have to plan it out

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you look at the pics i posted look at the pics of the rear the panhard bar is perfectly straight even tho the rear is lifted 2.5 inches thats your goal, and all of top guns spacers go on top of the springs ( thats pictured too ) so if need be you can run helper bag if you need em for towing toys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts