DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2006 Dodge Ram. It has 102,000 miles on it and I am the second owner. The previous was a custom wood worker, so the hardest it ever lived was with some wood in the bed. He did not tow with it. I've had it since 80,000 miles. The engine is mostly stock with some accessories. There is an intake, Quadzilla programmer, turbo silencer ring removed, 5" turbo back exhaust with 6" tip and no catylitic converter, 35" A/T tires, 2" front leveling kit, and SkyJacker Hydro-7000 shocks.

The truck has done this once before. On start, it randomly has a kind of knock on acceleration. It sounds like its coming from the left side, but I really can't tell. This is the second time it has done this. Almost immediately after I turned the video off, it stopped, and hasn't come back for two days now. I never did add SeaFoam as I said I would in the video.

Last time it happened, changing the fuel filter and draining the filter canister seemed to fix it. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help, here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNi7FMZ8aQ

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
I can't really hear the noise but if it seems like a tapping noice only when your giving the motor fuel I would have your injectors checked out. For some reason this winters fuel has been eating injectors left and right, between a friend (06 with about 130,000 miles) my girlfriend (05 with 147,000 miles) and her dad (09 with 68,000 miles) they had 14 injectors replaced
If you can get som one to hold the motor around a thousand rpm stick a screw driver onto the head and see if thats where the noise might be coming from

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't really hear the noise but if it seems like a tapping noice only when your giving the motor fuel I would have your injectors checked out. For some reason this winters fuel has been eating injectors left and right, between a friend (06 with about 130,000 miles) my girlfriend (05 with 147,000 miles) and her dad (09 with 68,000 miles) they had 14 injectors replaced
If you can get som one to hold the motor around a thousand rpm stick a screw driver onto the head and see if thats where the noise might be coming from
Thought about that. Cummins replaced #4 injector 2,000 miles ago. When it went, it was all at once and very obvious. Also, this comes and goes. The video was the second, and last time on Sunday morning. Always in cold (summertime, but cold engine) conditions. I vary where I buy fuel from. It gets stage fright when I bring it to the shop, so no one has been around to help me look into it. Thanks for the thoughts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts