DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've read on some forums that the Ford and GM diesels go thru a lot of regenerations to burn the soot out of the exhaust system (excuse my ignorance of the proper terms). One person said his Duramax does this every 400 miles. That seems excessive but maybe not.

I'm curious how the Cummins is relative to this issue?

Thanks!

·
8,090 Posts
There's no set distance or time that the regen is based on. It's all based off sensors in the exhaust system that monitor pressure on both sides of the DPF, heat sensors, etc. Depending on your driving style it may regen quite often, it may not.

The 07.5-12 trucks have a different emissions system than the 2013+ as well so that also changes how the system works and how often they regen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I drive maybe twice a week on the freeway for a total of about 60 miles. that's my normal driving, then a long drive once in a while. Have never had my truck regen in a year and a half.

·
8,090 Posts
I drive maybe twice a week on the freeway for a total of about 60 miles. that's my normal driving, then a long drive once in a while. Have never had my truck regen in a year and a half.
It certainly is regening during that time. You're just driving enough and getting the exhaust temps hot enough that it's doing it while you drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts