DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crew cab 1500 with bucket seats and the center storage console. There are two cup holders in the console and they are very large and allow drinks to just tumble around. This is really starting to irritate me to no end! I don't want to have to hold my beverage every time I start/stop/accelerate/decelerate just so coffee or a regular sized soft drink won't tip and splash.

It appears that there are removable rubber inserts, but they need to be bigger/thicker to accommodate smaller diameter cups.

Has anyone found a solution for this??? I tried searching in the forum for others that may have had this problem, and couldn't find anything. I know other people have to have this issue.
:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
989 Posts
It's not the perfect solution but it works for me.... I bought a couple of those "beer cozy's" from the liquor store... They are smaller than they were a few years ago- made of neoprene- and cost only a buck. I slide it on my "beverage" keeps the beverage from rattling around and keeps it cool in the process. Until a better idea comes along.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can't believe that this wasn't an issue when they were testing/redesigning the interior of these trucks. I have a number of coffee travel mugs and NONE of them fit well in the holders. Any regular sized drink from a fast food place is also too small. You'd think they'd test this stuff out somewhere in the process!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
OK. I need to say it: First world problems.

However, you can go to a craft store and get an 8x10 sheet of black rubber matting that has a sticky side. Trim some strips down to 3 or 4 inches in width. Now trim their length so they will fit along the insides of the cup holders. They will make the opening smaller. Need it to be even smaller? Just keep adding layers until it is the size you need.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Best solution I found for MY 2013 Ram 1500 was to take a piece of Styrofoam and cut it the size of two cup holders. (I use Styrofoam because I have an abundance of it.) Place your cup in the middle of this Styrofoam and draw a circle, making sure to compensating for the cone shape of the cup. I then use a drill, to drill out the Styrofoam inside the circle. Walaha….

BTW; Don’t forget the cup holder inside your door.

I spent $50,000 for mine, and got Plastic Wheels. :4-jump1:

TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover, Putco Crossrail Side Bed Rails, Two (2) DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N 63 Series AirCharger High-Flow Intake Kit, Husky Liners X-act Contour Floor Liners, Husky Liners Mud Guards, DashMat Ultimat Dashboard Cover, AVS Windflector, AVS Bugflector II, WeatherTech Side Window Deflector

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have a crew cab 1500 with bucket seats and the center storage console. There are two cup holders in the console and they are very large and allow drinks to just tumble around. This is really starting to irritate me to no end! I don't want to have to hold my beverage every time I start/stop/accelerate/decelerate just so coffee or a regular sized soft drink won't tip and splash.

It appears that there are removable rubber inserts, but they need to be bigger/thicker to accommodate smaller diameter cups.

Has anyone found a solution for this??? I tried searching in the forum for others that may have had this problem, and couldn't find anything. I know other people have to have this issue.
:4-dontknow:
Dude, what do you drink out of? :LOL:
Ive never had a problem and I take coffee with me every morning and have drinks in the holders often. No problems.

If they would have made them smaller, then you'd have a some jackwagons complaining that they are too SMALL! :doh:

As the old saying goes...Ya just cant please everyone.

I just can't believe that this wasn't an issue when they were testing/redesigning the interior of these trucks. I have a number of coffee travel mugs and NONE of them fit well in the holders. Any regular sized drink from a fast food place is also too small. You'd think they'd test this stuff out somewhere in the process!
I imagine they had a brainstorming session and spent hours with focus groups and after much deliberation, they made it that size as a nice compromise between too small and too large. Figuring that surely, if needed, a reasonable person could figure out a way to reduce the size of the holder to work to their liking. And its a whole lot easier for the truck owner to make the cup holder hole smaller than to make it bigger.
In other words....just cut down a black Koozie, stuff it in the round hole and voila! ""problem" solved.

Good luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Simple solution guys, just buy a large coffee. I do and it works great.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Simple solution guys, just buy a large coffee. I do and it works great.
this.

I havent noticed this problem. The only drink that is ever in that cupholder is a coffee/latte anyways, and they always fit perfect. Maybe you just need to buy man sized drinks!:LOL::box:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Be careful to the above Ontario guys, drinking anything while driving is considered distracting driving with a 285 dollar fine lol

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
^^^^^^^ Mine does too---soft drink I mean. If I got a bigger coffee to fill the cup holder I'd just have to stop more often to pee. You could always go to McDucks and buy some coffee and hold it between your legs and when it spilled you could sue and see how much money you could get. LOL
Jay

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
First some people complained about the door cup inserts fitting so tight on the soda cans, that when they tossed the empty can into the trash, the inserts were tossed into the trash along with the can. Then they had to buy new inserts :(

My CAT coffee cup fits just right in the cup holder
I don't drink out of paper cups, i pour the paper cup of whatever into my coffee cup

this is similar to my travel mug, mine is yellow & black, i got it at a Flying J truck stop
http://storefront.ringpower.com/products/107-large-machine-cup-ring-power-merchandise-store.aspx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts