DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi--newbie here. Bought our first travel trailer for a trip from Alaska to NY. Got a Curt weight distribution system and had it installed on F-150. Decided the F-150 wasn't enough truck so bought a 2020 1500 (3.97 axle ratio, 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT, 8HP75 Transmission). Looking on the Curt website they don't give you an option to fit a Ram of any kind with a hitch after 2010, and the spec sheet says it won't fit. Trying to figure out why...here's the link to the specs, and it's page 13...https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/01resources/appguides/CURT/Trailer_Hitches_and_Custom_Wiring_Application_Guide.pdf

Bottom line: Can I use the Curt I have on the Ram? I have read the adjustment instructions and realize that I will need to deflate the air bags and readjust the tilt. The Curt that I have is the round bar with the chains. The sticker says S0544C-R1.

thanks in advance!

PS--i posted this question last night on an old thread but can't find it so apologize if one or both of these posts are in the wrong place!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Any WDH can be used on any vehicle as long as the shank is the same size as the receiver, ie 2" or 2 1/2". Air ride can complicate it, just follow the vehicle's instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe you're looking under the "Dodge" section and not under the "Ram" section. The trucks were re-branded as Ram, even though previously with the Dodge trucks Ram was part of their model designation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts