DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a console like this for a while. After searching Havis, Jotto Desk, and ram box, I found that the ram obviously isn't used by enough police agencies for them to produce a vehicle specific unit. The "universal" units didn't float my boat or provide enough room. So after some :thk: I came up with this. It's an angle iron welded frame with plate steel side covers. I built the switch panel and cb mounting brakets. My only issue now is coming up with new cup holders.

I hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVBRzXue7g&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be nice if you could have built it so it would slide in underneath the arm rest when it's down...

Looks good so far! Clean up those wires though!
I think I know what you are talking about and it's a good idea. But I had to keep the frame of the lower storage compartment in place in order to retain the armrest. It's all one unit as I found out. You could always cut out some steel if you wanted to do that and mount some slider rails. I wanted to keep things simple so I could return it to stock if needed.

I'll get those wires looked after. Still more to go first! :smileup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about and it's a good idea. But I had to keep the frame of the lower storage compartment in place in order to retain the armrest. It's all one unit as I found out. You could always cut out some steel if you wanted to do that and mount some slider rails. I wanted to keep things simple so I could return it to stock if needed.

I'll get those wires looked after. Still more to go first! :smileup:
I hear ya on the armrest part. You did the right thing, better to have everything secure than to have stuff held together with duct tape.

Keep those pictures comin!

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Great job. You can a rear cup holder from a 3rd gen quad can and make a bracket to put it under the CB. The other radio would probably fit under the armrest, just look at how often you would actually need to access the panel.

I also have a custom bracket in my work truck to hold my road radio, CB, and light bar/emerg lighting panel box, but it's all enclosed in the center section. Granted, it's in a F-250.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.