DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing my own custom design to my exhaust with a summitracing universal kit. welding straight from the CATS and angling right out just behind the front wheels. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thinking of the same for my 2012 Tradesman, but also with an X pipe. Should be legal as it's all after the cats.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got some other forums going on the same subject, go check them out.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hmmm, if it has duals already it's not worth it. If it doesn't go for it. But I do not think you are going to gain as much as you think

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, if it has duals already it's not worth it. If it doesn't go for it. But I do not think you are going to gain as much as you think
I have a single. If you look under a truck with a single exhaust you will notice the left (driver side) pipe after the CATS is SMASHED when it runs under the trans and into the Y. That smash takes away horsepower. Creates some back pressure from what it looks like. Therefore the purpose is to eliminate that and gain the horsepower back.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^ The oem dual exhaust has the same setup, a smashed down pipe under the trans, into a smashed y pipe. It splits to duals after the muffler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts