DODGE RAM FORUM banner

CV axle angles screwed!

11752 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Jcrose
So I recently bought a 2007 dodge ram 1500 and was quick to get it lifted so I went to a "guy" who lifted trucks at his home. He placed a 4" spacer ontop of springs and a 3" spacer in the back to level the truck. He also did a 3" body lift. Now after taking it to my mechanic to install my new gears (went higher gear ratio after purchasing 38" tires on 20" wheel) he told me my cv axle was way too angled and would be a matter of time before I did some serious damagae. So he suggested I ordered a true lift kit. I ordered a 6" rough country and it's on its way. My question is, do I have to take the 4" spacer on top of the spring off or can I leave it? I really would want my truck to be level. Help please!!!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
868 Posts
According to Rough Country the lift kit you ordered should lift and level. No need to keep the big spacers.

· Registered
868 Posts
I have 2.5" spacers on the front of mine and the cv angle is about as much as I would go, IMO you should pull out the 4" spacers before you damage the shafts.

oh ok, thanks man. Did you find that in their website?
Yes, I looked up the 6" rough country lift for an 07 Ram and thats what it says.

· Registered
868 Posts
Instead of trying to stack blocks(bad idea IMO) add a body lift...Your suspension is the last place you want to rig things up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.