DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my front passenger side tire had what I thought was a lot of road tar on it. Today went to change the oil and saw the the CV joint boot closest to the wheel was split and grease has been flipped all over the place. Very disappointing to find this, has anyone had this problem? Any with lifts?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I did on my 2010 about 3 months ago. I had it in for some work and they never even noticed it. When they fixed mine, they replaced the entire half axle. It should be painless though and covered by warranty.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did on my 2010 about 3 months ago. I had it in for some work and they never even noticed it. When they fixed mine, they replaced the entire half axle. It should be painless though and covered by warranty.
Thanks for your reply! Did you have a lift or leveling kit?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ultra pissed

Just noticed yesterday that I am getting the CV grease flipping all over the place yet again. The dealer did not fix it right, so now I have to take another day off work and sit at the dealer. Also yesterday, I took it to another dealer to listen the screaming rodent trapped in my trans and asked about whether the security system in my truck worked. He tested and said no. The dealer where I bought the truck told me I needed remote start for the security system to be active, well I held up my end.

So dealer has screwed my 2 out of 2 times now. Anyone one who lives in Utah and is interested in purchasing a used Ram 1500 express with less than 2000 miles let me know.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Just noticed yesterday that I am getting the CV grease flipping all over the place yet again. The dealer did not fix it right, so now I have to take another day off work and sit at the dealer. Also yesterday, I took it to another dealer to listen the screaming rodent trapped in my trans and asked about whether the security system in my truck worked. He tested and said no. The dealer where I bought the truck told me I needed remote start for the security system to be active, well I held up my end.

So dealer has screwed my 2 out of 2 times now. Anyone one who lives in Utah and is interested in purchasing a used Ram 1500 express with less than 2000 miles let me know.
So what your saying is if you want the security system Ie: alarm system, to work on your truck you need to have the remote start installed and the programming done by the dealer, is this correct? saying that if you dont have the Remote start on your truck, your sentry key is active, but your alarm system is not?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what my dealer told me, i asked the service manager at another and he said that it sounds right. I still think it sounds bass ackwards, why is it needed?

Shouldn't there just be a flash to sound the horn when the doors are open, guess that would be to simple right, haha. Anyway, I'll update after I they give me the next line of crap.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would just call roadside assistance and have it Towed, then you can go on about your day and maybe carpool or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts