DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok last night I spun out and slid up a curb and hit a tree.. !!!! need to replace front bumper!

The question I have is... would it be cheaper to replace the bumper myself or report it to the insurance and just pay my deductible. I was also wondering how hard it would to replace the front bumper?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hmm good question but how bad is the damage? Some one rear ended me a few Christmases ago and i fixed the bumper myself in about an hour and collected $1300! Post some pics so we can see if its an easy fix...

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
OUCH !!

Check this sites vendors first, see if MoparOnlineParts is on there, or any other Dodge body parts company
http://www.moparonlineparts.com/par...1500&year=2011&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0
W/fog lamps - W/o sport model - W/o sport model
10-11 $502.00 $346.15

Looks like you are in LUCK, they are a vendor for this RamforumZ, you should mention this site
Mopar Online Parts - Dodge Ram Accessories!
Sponsored By: Mopar Online Parts!
Westbury Jeep Chrysler Dodge, Inc is located in Westbury, Long Island, New York. We are the #1 dealership in the northeast for all of your Mopar parts needs. We are the only authorized Arrington performance parts dealer in the entire North East. We offer huge discounts on all Mopar and Arrington products! For Mopar parts go to www.moparonlineparts.com parts @ dealer cost + 10%. For Arrington Performance parts go to www.moparperformanceonline.com

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Glad you were not hurt. Bumpers are fairly easy to replace. Several junk yards may have a used one or you should be able to save about half the cost by doing the work yourself.

·
Registered
666 Posts
What is your deductible? What is your driving record like? All of these will come into your decision of whether to file with insurance or not. Is it going to make your premiums go up? Only you know these answers but think it through. Check with your dealer for an estimate and decide from there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this stupid accident costs a total of 2500. I paid my 500 deductible. I cant believe the grill on my truck cost 700 its more than anything else that got replaced. The grill is just a big piece of plastic!! The bumper costs half that. That does not seem right to me

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah it doesn't surprise me at all. If you went through insurance and never had any accidents before you should be allowed one without any penalty.

As far as the costs go it seems once insurance is involved the sky is the limit however your insurance company would have to agree to the repairs and price.

Main thing is that your ok and your truck is good to go.

Take care and be safe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your right that is the most important thing. I just feel for anyone who has to replace there grill

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah I hear ya.... I guess if you needed one I would like to think that you could pick one up at the scrap yard but lets face it... All you would find would be chevy and ford grills LOL......

I'm glad that all worked out for you. Better to pay $500 then $2500.

All the best.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
when did the price of plastic go high then the price of metal? I guess I dont get it..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts