DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2010 Ram 1500 4.7L back in December of 2010.
Here is the first picture of it completely stock.
Well, here we go........

Stock Ram

1st- I sanded and painted the stock aluminum wheels with black engine enamel.

2nd- I then added the Challenger R/T stripes. had them custom made at a local sign store. Applied them myself using a bottle of water and windex, and a flat piece of plastic to use as a squeegy.

3rd- I debadged the truck using a blow-dryer, industr. adhesive remover, and a wedge to remove the emblems.

4th- Added Red/Black seat covers from XR racing

5th- Purchased a dual cold air intake. Universal kit.

6th-removed my grill. Sanded the entire grill down. Primed it. Then laid about 3-4 coats of metallic black. Painted the logo red as well. Then clear coated everything. Also added chrome grill inserts.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
7th- I purchased an AirAid Cold air intake system along with a PowerAid throttle body spacer.

8th- I bought the Diablo Trinity for my Programmer, also at a later date i re-routed the wires to look nice and clean. which is seen in the second photo.

9th- Installed a torque converter from TCI, gave me about 2500 stall speed.

I also had my exhaust muffler cut off and i replaced it with a simple piece of pipe. Its a straight through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wbvj0bzoy4&context=C3a86b40ADOEgsToPDskIs7aKJdKmFa5I2APNGCkAK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8rqwhiE9iQ&context=C3498d46ADOEgsToPDskKkTZy_6z42BDiWbXccp24v

Here is sort of a before and after photo of the grill

This is my BEAUT now.

I'm proud to say i have done all the mods myself and have been done or installed by my own two hands. I take pride in my truck!
I am unsure of what will be next for my ram. But i know i am no where near through with it. Hope you all liked it! Work in PROGRESS!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: MvZiC MaN

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Loving the transformation. How long did the torque converter take you? Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Sweet truck man, reminds me of my brothers old truck before it was totaled...

Great mods :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loving the transformation. How long did the torque converter take you? Keep up the good work!
Thanks :smileup: Took 2 days! It could be done in 1. I just started late the first day & it got dark on my pretty quick. If your thinking of installing one get in touch with me, I may be able to help out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks great so far!! I think the painted grill with red emblem makes the front end

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
10th Mod- Removed mechanical fan, Busted a finger in the action but well worth it.

10th Mod- Removed mechanical fan, Busted a finger in the action but well worth it.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Glad you got it off! Hey just FYI if you didn't know, read the clutch it says which way to store it, I think you have it upside down in the pic.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Trucks looking good man. How do you like the Trinity? That is on my tax return purchase list lol.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you got it off! Hey just FYI if you didn't know, read the clutch it says which way to store it, I think you have it upside down in the pic.
Yea i had it upside down, it says on the clutch which side to face down ha.

ALSO THANKS TO SNRUSNAK FOR THE TRICKS & TIPS ON REMOVING THE FAN!

I forgot to mention in the removal of the fan mod, that i installed a SuperChips Flashpaq. and sold the Trinity!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trucks looking good man. How do you like the Trinity? That is on my tax return purchase list lol.
lol i actually sold my trinity and bought a SuperChips. I felt the difference between diablo and superchips. I'd say you invest your money in the SuperChips programmer no questions asked. Over all a better PERFORMANCE add on.

If you want all the gauges, monitor ect. I'd look into the SuperChips Vivid.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also with the removal fan mod.
I sold my Diablo Trinity because i didnt have the fan option. I bought a SuperChips Flashpaq and noticed a difference in Performance when compared to Diablo. Also SC allowed me to access the fan option. So when i removed the mechanical fan i set the electric fan to 206 degrees as SNRUSNAK had suggested.:smileup:

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Cool man! I can't wait to get the 180 tstat and adjust the temp lower. Do you notice your fan shutting off or does it seem to keep running after coming on? It is supposed to turn off after dropping 6 deg but mine seems like it keeps running all the time. I think I've noticed it shut off twice.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm, I'm not sure the only time ive heard it is when i arrive at my destination, put it in park, and after a moment i can hear the fan kick on but i havent payed attention or kept the truck running to see if it shut off. Now that you mention it ill see what its doing.

Did you find a 4.7L Tstat?

1 - 20 of 233 Posts