DODGE RAM FORUM banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the same issue with my 2013 Ram Bighorn with about 80,000 miles. The issue started in the fall 2019 as temperatures started to get colder and then the issue just stopped. However, over the weekend, the issue started again. I also have a rust issue on the front passenger side fender under where the radio antenna is. It appears to be rusting from the inside out. The paint started to bubble when it was still under the 5 year warranty, but dealer told me it would not be covered because it is not rusted through. To me and other body shops I have talked to, it appears to be an issue potentially with the seal around the antenna that let in moisture and now it is rusting in an uncommon spot. Manufacturer would not take care of this issue when a complaint was made. Next truck might be from a different manufacturer considering Ram doesn't seem to stand behind their products. With the cost of these trucks in the $50-$60k range, you shouldn't have these kind of issues. I've had other vehicles that were significantly older that had no rust or lights flickering. Just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have the same issue with my 2013 Ram Bighorn with about 80,000 miles. The issue started in the fall 2019 as temperatures started to get colder and then the issue just stopped. However, over the weekend, the issue started again. I also have a rust issue on the front passenger side fender under where the radio antenna is. It appears to be rusting from the inside out. The paint started to bubble when it was still under the 5 year warranty, but dealer told me it would not be covered because it is not rusted through. To me and other body shops I have talked to, it appears to be an issue potentially with the seal around the antenna that let in moisture and now it is rusting in an uncommon spot. Manufacturer would not take care of this issue when a complaint was made. Next truck might be from a different manufacturer considering Ram doesn't seem to stand behind their products. With the cost of these trucks in the $50-$60k range, you shouldn't have these kind of issues. I've had other vehicles that were significantly older that had no rust or lights flickering. Just doesn't seem right.
Yea I understand. I know these trucks are always going to have issues from time to time but mine has had nothing but “issues” from day 1. Some bigger some smaller, and my list of recalls has to be close to 20 by now. I’m committed to it for 3 more years and am terrified of what the future brings but oh well. All I can say is a feel your frustration and good luck we both need

·
Super Moderator
34,438 Posts
You say you have a 2013 and it only flickers when cold-how old is your battery?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a bit of luck by simply turning my cluster dimmer dial down a bit. When it was turned all the way up (bright) it would go crazy. I bumped it down just a notch and really havent noticed any twitching.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a bit of luck by simply turning my cluster dimmer dial down a bit. When it was turned all the way up (bright) it would go crazy. I bumped it down just a notch and really havent noticed any twitching.
Thanks mine seems to do better with it up high!!?? Lol. Also weird how it goes away when you turn on the headlights! Guess this is good as I can tolerate it during the day but at night oh man would be tough

141 - 148 of 148 Posts