DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the daytime running lights can be changed to just the LED lights? As shown in the pic. I work at a dealership so I could get a mechanic to do it if it’s possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
The only time I’ve seen those LEDs on my ‘20 Laramie was when I remote started it. I didn’t know they were there before that.

I’d turned off the day time running lights (DRLs) when I bought the truck, but turned them back on after the remote start, to see if that’s what the LEDs were. I believe they were on with part of the LED headlights for the DRL’s.

That said; since they’re what comes on as a remote start indicator, there’s obviously some way they can be made to function in a stand-alone mode.

Good luck in finding out how!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only time I’ve seen those LEDs on my ‘20 Laramie was when I remote started it. I didn’t know they were there before that.

I’d turned off the day time running lights (DRLs) when I bought the truck, but turned them back on after the remote start, to see if that’s what the LEDs were. I believe they were on with part of the LED headlights for the DRL’s.

That said; since they’re what comes on as a remote start indicator, there’s obviously some way they can be made to function in a stand-alone mode.

Good luck in finding out how!
Thanks for that Ric. Yea I’m curious if it can be done!

·
Registered
379 Posts
On my wife’s ‘19 Charger; the headlight LED halos ARE the DRLs.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
273 Posts
I've been told you need new headlight assemblys (assemblies?) if you want the LED DRL's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh I see. Is that something I can order thru the parts department you think?

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
273 Posts
I believe so. I think there are also some aftermarket options too that might be a little cheaper.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What are you truck details? I'll look it up for you and post a search link...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry new body style
Ok I think I found a couple...last question though...do you already have factory led headlights? It's hard to tell by the photo...

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
My 13 I can make any light the drl. Check with your service dept. to see if that can be done with the 19 before spending on new headlight assemblies.

Reactions: Peekl
1 - 20 of 20 Posts