DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned something new few weeks ago. My wife had an emergency room run that I took her to at about 1am. I didn’t feel like going in and put on a darn mask, so stayed in my truck. Because it was in the 30’s left my truck running to keep warm as I slept in the truck waiting for her, manually switched off my lights from auto mode they usually stay in. At about 3am my wife called me she was ready to leave ER, but sleepy me go her and drove home not realizing I never turned the head lights on. Once home as I pulled I the driveway remembered I never turned my lights on, but saw from my garage door reflection that my lights were on! I physically looked at the head light switch and it was still off! I flicked the lights to manual and they were still on as if I did nothing. I flicked the switch to turn the lights on, tried auto, back to manual the headlights stayed on. The headlights automatically turn on at night whether switched on or not. Nice feature guys!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
From what I'm reading you don't have a option to turn off the headlights while the engine is running at night.

·
Registered
2015 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, Prairie Pearlcoat/White Gold
42 Posts
From what I'm reading you don't have a option to turn off the headlights while the engine is running at night.
The DRL function very well could provide headlights (my 2015 doesn't have it so I can't confirm) but you very likely didn't have running lights or taillights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can turn it off completely only in off settings, but any other settings like only parking lights will force the full headlights on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts