DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
goverment in russia suddenly decide that evereyone must have DRL. :thk:

so i have US version of dodge without this option, but hear that rams from canada have drl in stock.
so what parts should i order to get drl on my ram?
is it possible to make without dealer scaner etc?

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
I believe the DRL's are a matter of programming of the TIPMGCW. It may be possible to change the country code and activate the DRL function but a dealer whould need to do it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Take it to your dealer and have them activate it.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
Take it to your dealer and have them activate it.
The guys in RUSSIA the point is I don't think he has a dealer on every corner lol.
Kot333 I feel for you. It seems like you have a few problems already with your new truck, I hope you can get it all worked out, you'll love that truck then! On the flip side I bet you don't see many trucks like yours on the street every day!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi thanks, we have couple of trucks here, but rams only 5-6 in city and in new body only mine.
there are more toyota tundra`s here than dodge cause we close to japan and people buying only japan cars but for me tundra looks pretty gay :)

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
Hello from Cananda! Man I wish I had the only one like mine here, I keep spending money to make mine just a little different from the other 3 or 4 in every parking lot I go to lol.

·
Premium Member
32,734 Posts
Kot333,
i see that you have a 2010 Ram
until you figure out how to get DRLs, you can do what i did, it turns on your headlights when ever you ignition is turned on, just take a small piece of something like carpet & lay it on the little dome shaped thing that is located on top of your dash board, to the right of the center speaker, against the windshield

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kot333,
i see that you have a 2010 Ram
until you figure out how to get DRLs, you can do what i did, it turns on your headlights when ever you ignition is turned on, just take a small piece of something like carpet & lay it on the little dome shaped thing that is located on top of your dash board, to the right of the center speaker, against the windshield
if it has auto lamps that is

hell just turn em on and leave em.......tipm will turn them of in a minute or so anyways....lol

but the real answer is that youll need a dealer.....wonder if a programmer could do it....

·
Premium Member
32,734 Posts
on my 2009 Ram, the dealership tried to changing the computer settings so that i could have lights during bright sunlight, like Rams made for use in Canada have, 2009 Rams made for use in the USA don't have the ability to run DRLs, thats why i put the cloth on top of my ambient light sensor

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx guys im already do it. my light sensor is broken or something im write about it here
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66597
so yesterday its not working when dark but today it turn lights on during daytime. its really strange but good for me :)
Anyway point in real DRL that it turn on only headlights with 50% less power than normal. so it better than this trick with light sensor.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You could order and install some LED DRLs

·
Registered
402 Posts
on my 2009 Ram, the dealership tried to changing the computer settings so that i could have lights during bright sunlight, like Rams made for use in Canada have, 2009 Rams made for use in the USA don't have the ability to run DRLs

try another dealer because its required in some states and can be enabled.....

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all of you guys. so i order all parts and relays to make handmade drl in my ram.
its based on HID and operate with custom made drl relay which making one local guy here.
the headlights turn on when voltage more the 13v and have + signal from vss sensor. and turns off if voltage less then 13v or transmission on park.
try to make foto of installation when receive parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts