DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Express. It has power locks but no Key FOBs. I built a remote entry for my truck out of an old router. I have a wire going from it to the door lock wire in the passenger door to lock and unlock my truck via wifi connection. It works flawlessly.

Now, I bought the dball to integrate with it to remote start the truck. I was thinking if I hit the lock 3x on my smart phone it would be the same as 3x from a key FOB. Nothing happens when I do this. Does anyone have any idea where it gets the lock signal 3x from so that I could tie into that location? Or, is there a way to trigger the remote start function from a single wire connected straight to the dball? I read on a post where you could make it manually start the vehicle by grounding one wire, applying +12v to one wire, and then momentarily applying +12v to another. This will work, but I would rather just bump a wire 3x with 12v or ground to make the dball control everything from there if possible.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where did you get your DBALL? Did they program it for your truck? I just installed this on mine, so I did a lot of research on it.. I read some times even if they program it does not take.. the device to program it is like $20 I cant think of the name of it.. I am sure some one will chime in with the name.. I would start there.. sorry I cant help much more.. good luck!! its addicting to start your truck every time with it once its on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it from ebay. It was programmed before it was sent to me. I see where people have trouble with that sometimes, but I am not sure if that is my problem or if it is because I am using the router to unlock and lock the doors. I am guessing the locking action from the key FOB is also passed through the d2d. Which I am not getting since Iddon't have a key Fob. Thanks for the input. I may hook it up on someone else's truck just to see if the programming is correct.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good luck!! I think hooking it up to another truck would be your best bet!!

If you dont know any one else that has one.. Go test drive one at a dealership and hook it up down the road from the dealership! hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts