DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, and thanks in advance for any help. I purchased a Dball unit from Ebay with the t-harness, this is in a 06 Ram. I hooked everything up and programed the Dball. When I press the lock 3 times, the green light on the Dball blinks, the power comes on in the truck, then all I get is a clicking from the relay. I have checked the wiring diagram and everything looks good. I also checked voltage and I get 12v from the Dball to the ignition wire. Any ideas? This is suppose to be a Christmas Present for my wife, and I'm about ready to call it quits.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed it

After several nights and about ready to give up, I finally decided to trash the t-harness and just hard-wire the unit. The remote start works like a charm.:smileup: For anyone thinking of getting this unit for a 3rd generation Ram with the ignition on the steering column, forget the t-harness. Even with the harness you have to tie in 4 wires, so your half way there. 4 more wires and save yourself $26.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you go to flash your dball, there is a link for wiring instructions, I used 4b, it shows which wires wire to where. 2 harnesses on your steering column. the first is on the right side next to ignition, the other is on the left side on the back of the ignition. use the connector diagram and count pins. Soldering the connectors will insure no connection problems later on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I got it wired up and it worked once. Now, it goes to try and start the car briefly then everything goes blank. Not sure if it is programmed right or maybe it has to do with the fact that I tried using the harness and then just said to heck with it and hardwired it. Didn't have time to try and call Xpresskit support. Any ideas what might be the issue? Anyone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Now, it goes to try and start the car briefly then everything goes blank" Are you talking about lights in dball or dash lights? Recheck your wiring using diagram from xpresskit, also did you solder or at least crimp your wires? don't just twist and tape.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Also, make sure you have the xkloder2 and dball connected right. Mine had to have the red plug in the xkloader2 and the white plug in the dball.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts