DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased and installed the DBall2 remote start from eBay that everyone recommends a little over a year ago. It has treated me great so far but in the last week it seems to have hit an issue....
I can still start the truck with a 3x push of the lock button and she starts right up, but when I go to unlock the truck with the keyfob, it does nothing, nor can I hit the lock button 3x to shutoff the remote start.... basically after I start it with the key fob, the keyfob is useless and no buttons respond at all and I have to open the door with the actual key. I was up under the dash a week or so ago and dont think I hit anything, checked that all connections were tight and everything looked good. I did notice that there is a toggle switch attached to the DBall....is it possible that this has something to do with my issue, that I may have switched it and dont know it? Any help is apperciated here guys....

·
Registered
210 Posts
The toggle switch is the "hood switch bypass". It prevents the remote start from actuating same as if there were a safety switch installed. Do you have a second fob to try?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bingo....key fob battery was starting to die...

I grabbed the other key fob and it works fine. Should have thought of that.

Now to get a replacement battery.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The proximity key FOB batteries seem to die quicker than the regular turn key FOB batteries. I've already replaced one on my proximity key Durango key and my Ram fobs are still on the originals despite having twice the miles and being two years older

1 - 4 of 4 Posts