DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for as many opinions that I can get on DDM HID Kits. I've read some threads stating how some kits stopped working after a few months. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
The short version of DDM kits is this... The DDM kits are an inexpensive plug and play kit with varied degrees of success amongst our members. I for one started having issues with my kit within two months of install and outright failure within 4 months. There warranty policy is tough to deal with and rather than having to spend a whack of cash to ship a ballast back to be checked and ship it back again (at my cost) I said screw it and replaced mine with a different make.
Now not all members have had issues with DDM, some are working flawlessly for years and on multiple platforms. So with the DDM kits accept that they are an inexpensive kit and you may or may not have issues.
If you are set on DDM got with the Raptor ballasts and their error eliminators.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have HID's in my quad lamp set up and I have a local seller that we worked to gether to get through some of the known issues from HID kits.

Slim ballasts DO NOT work on the quad lamp systems, they work fine when the trucks are not running, but the minute you start it up they flicker. A looped reducer does not work. We ended up finding a larger ballast that has a built in flicker and low amp eliminator and they completely plug and play and work great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I purchased from ddm for my quads and have had no problems at all. Just make sure you get the regular ballast (not the slim) and the relay harness. No problems here.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I purchased from ddm for my quads and have had no problems at all. Just make sure you get the regular ballast (not the slim) and the relay harness. No problems here.
Not yet but you will believe me 9-10 bitch about them and i had 3 sets take a crap then you have to send the ballast back wait for them to check it then send you another so thats like 4 weeks with out a headlight.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
And also no matter where you buy from i suggest carid or retrosolutions get a relay harnesses or cancelers or you will have flickering issues

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
im gonna suggest retro solutions i have a set coming from them as we speak but all the needed wiring harness come with the kit for the dodge ram and apparently they are a awesome kit so hopefully they are exactly that

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
i have a set of v-leds hids on my ram (LOVE THEM!!!)... but like a moron i tried to save money for the wifes chrys 300. wish i woulda read this cause i ordered a ddm setup a couple days ago. wells heres to hoping i get lucky...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Platinum,

Which kits did you get from retro? are you replacing the low, highs and fogs? Just curious what you paid. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts