DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW... What a difference... been running my 2010 with the Diablo sport 93 OCT Tune, MDS off, Vararam intake and 18 Mufflex... Had to de-tune for the recent tie rod recall and i cannot believe the difference... like a totally different truck!!

Guess it just surprised me how used to the additional power i had become!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I hear you, I brought my truck in and took off the SC 93 tune and went to stock....SC claims I gain 61hp and 66lb ft...I believe it. Like you said, a totally different truck.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
same here, nut i also take it off during the winter ,... cant wait until summer to put it back on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep. I hear ya. I too had to get recalls taken care of. Returned it to stock tune and could tell a big difference. I had it on the 91 performance tune prior to service call. Think I'll try the 93 next.

FWIW, we have a couple stations here that sell pure gasoline without the corn liquor in it. It only costs about 8-10 cents more so I have been buying it.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I would just like to extend a friendly finger to all you "whiners" here...

idk what its like to be able to have a tuner for my truck and it makes me sad! lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
Save your pennies and you too can have one.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Save your pennies and you too can have one.
I've pry got more pennies into perfomance mods on my truck than most people here excluding the dudes with engine mods lol. My truck is getting blonde the day I can tune it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
When u take your truck in to do warranty work you put your stock program back in? Cant they tell if you've had an aftermarket program on your vehicle?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
When u take your truck in to do warranty work you put your stock program back in? Cant they tell if you've had an aftermarket program on your vehicle?
Yes have it tuned stock when you bring it in. This isn't really to try to "fool" the dealer or anything, but more to protect your tune because if you bring it in and they do a pcm flash update or something along those lines they will overwrite your tune, then your tuner will be locked and useless.

As far as them knowing, the answer is "maybe". People claim they might be able to tell, but I have yet to hear of an actual case of this. Even if they can, I'd still tune my truck...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Let us know how you like the vivid, I haven't seen any reviews on it I don't think...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, I have not seen a lot on it, but I did download the software and played with it demo mode on my Bionic. Its not bad. I might have to have a shop fab up an install for my Toshiba Thrive 10" pad in the dash if I like it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts