DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 with cruse control...which works sometimes. Mostly not. I took it to the shop and they wanted $1200 to fix it. That sounded more than outrageous. Anyone have any idea of how to fix this ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I took mine in about a year ago for the recall. I was told that what they needed to fix was not what was wrong with mine...then they hit me with the $1200 fix-it cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Other blogs have reported success by simply tapping (flicking) the switch and behind the switch on the back of the steering wheel. I also have a 2014, and it has worked for me. Check the other Ram forums.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Hemi Bighorn 4x4 5.7Hemi
29 Posts
My 2016 had the same issue...just replaced the switch on the steering wheel and has worked fine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Other blogs have reported success by simply tapping (flicking) the switch and behind the switch on the back of the steering wheel. I also have a 2014, and it has worked for me. Check the other Ram forums.
Interesting...I'll try that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 2016 had the same issue...just replaced the switch on the steering wheel and has worked fine
I was told that to replace the switch, the entire steering wheel and the air bag had to be removed. Did you have that big a deal to replace the switch? Thanks for replying to my original post.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Toggle through all four buttons on the control switch and it probably will work. I had the same problem on my 2014 and that always got it to engage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toggle through all four buttons on the control switch and it probably will work. I had the same problem on my 2014 and that always got it to engage.
I'll give it a shot...any idea why that would work (or what's wrong in the first place)?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I pasted in two other fixes:

2015 , always done it since new ,
I press '' On/Off '' '' set '' '' On/Off '' '' set '' ...until it grabs , 4 or 5 times will do it .

I have this exact problem and I've noticed this odd quirk... it's like the cruise on/off button is asleep... I press it, nothing happens, but if I reach over and press SET or RES then press the cruise on/off button again, it works just fine... like I "woke it up" by pressing one of the other buttons.

Let us know if one of these works.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bad switch. Part is inexpensive but there is some disassembly involved, including the airbag. I think it is on YouTube.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it is the switch which is common the switch is not too badly priced and it's not hard to do.
There are you tube videos of it being done.
That said my 15 had that issue for quite awhile what always fixed it was a solid tap on the cross member of the steering wheel.
It would go months and then act up, would'nt do anything no matter which button was pressed, some times a restart would clear it up.
But a gentle but firm tap on the wheel spoke and she would work fine for quite awhile.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ditto. 2015/2500. Picked up a switch online and had the dealer put it in for $110. I didn't want to fuss with the air bag.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts