DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at a New owners meeting at the dealership this evening I asked some questions and got some answers regarding adding some items to my 2012 1500 QC Express after the fact. First question I had ( to the Service Manager), does my truck have the wiring needed to add the mopar integrated brake controller? He simply checked the vin number in the computer and said "yes your all set when your ready for it". ( so the wire that might be missing on some to make this install can be checked against the VIN I was told. Kool...Second question, Can I add the EVIC to my Express? His answer, The cost is really high, not for the EVIC so much as the hours to install it. He said they can do it, but I would probably not wanna proceed if he told me the total for it. I will live without it...
Final question, If I brought him a pair of Bilstein 5100s would they install them, and would it give me warranty issues, since I have read about other people having nightmares with this? He said "I cant believe anyone is havin issues with this, Mopar makes, and we install lift kits and numerous other items that dont come stock, because thats what the customers want. We have never had a warranty issue. If it is a product that Mopar makes, or similiar, and we install it....its good to go". I am a happy man that I have this dealership to deal with. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
i've seen other add a evic to their express and had no problems. i guess it's as simple as swapping it. so i don't know why the service manager said it would take so long. 1/2 maybe

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Others have added evic. You need the cluster and the steering wheel controls. I think you also need them to flash the computer for it to work. Could do it yourself...

Seems like you have a very reasonable dealer.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like you have a very reasonable dealer.
Ya this is true, I am lucky enough to be friends with the salesman that sold me my last 2 trucks there. His wife is my 8yo disabled Grandsons one on one at his school. She loves him so much she plans to move with him throughout his school progression as long as we are in the same school district. She really is awesome, and her husband, and my dealership, is truly top shelf.
Here is a photo taken of my Grandson with my 2010 Ram 2500 HD at the dealership. He loves his Rams.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Glad that you have a good dealer......

G

·
I've found in a number of instances that a good friendly working relationship with someone in the service department can save you big $$$ as well as get your work done quickly and take care of any issues that crop up afterwords. It really pays to be civil and friendly with these folks. I've saved quite a bit over the years simply by being on a good working and personal level with the service and parts folks. I mean, just think if you were the service manager and some guy came in ranting and raving...you'd take care of only what you had to do...you wouldn't go thru any extra time or effort.

cj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts