DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a total of more than 6 hours wait time and 4 hours driving to get my Uconnect installed, then having them install a remote start instead when the uconnect wouldn't work, they managed to dent it in the car wash.

Now I've got a loaner while they fix the body damage and will have another couple hours driving to pick it up at the end of the week. As you can imagine, I've had about enough of this dealer.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Man, that sucks. I hope you gave 'em hell about denting your brand new 2012. And I thought my dealer experience was bad when I had a 4 hour wait to get tubular side steps and mud flaps, then taking it back after I heard the right step rattling because is was loose and seeing that the mud flap installation was half assed.
Don't know what I would do if they damaged my truck though. I would be very angry

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Becauase they were unable to get uconnect working, I settled for remote start. I am at junior sailing events all summer and it will be nice to cool down the black truck when it is 100 degrees outside. I'll probably work out an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth since uconnect didn't come through.

Interestingly, I had origininally looked at an ST and then settled on an express because it had the trailer brake control. Driving their ST as a loaner while they fix my damage, I am thrilled to have the Express.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That sucks man i would be pissed if that happened to. But on the Uconnect note i also didnt get it which i originally but im ok not having it but i got a blueant s4 bluetooth speaker for my truck as a gift from my mom it works awesome. She got it at best buy for 100 but i found the exact same one on amazon for like 65 bucks..you should look into that for the time being unless you plan on getting an aftermarket soon. This thing can do pretty much anything you can text and email through it also completely hands free i never have to touch my phone not even to answer it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't forget to hit them up for a tank of gas to compensate you for your time and trouble in having to come back twice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They claim the mechanism came off the track. There is no scratching, so that is plausible. He was sure in a hurry to get it fixed for me and gave me a loaner ram right out of the new vehicle line. I just got a call and it should be done and ready to pick up this morning. They also touched up a small scratch in the bumper that I acquired when swinging my nose into a trailer in a crowded boat show lot free of charge.

I am irritated that it happened, but I do understand that mistakes happen and they are doing their best to make it right.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Man that sucks but it looks worse than it really is. We have used a guy who probably could have gotten that out without using any new paint. I would be pissed if they had to paint my new truck. I went threw that with my dealer. I lemon lawned my truck and got a new one in just over 2 months. My dealer was screwed. The paint was falling off my truck. They wrecked it and fixed it without telling me till I caught it at the lot when I picked it up.

Titanman you must have delt with Riverfront Chrysler in North Aurora. They are the worst place I have ever been to.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That sucks!
I would be asking for SOME compensation!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Bummer about the dent, but remote start is a GREAT feature in the summer time! Enjoy that. And ya, shit happens. If it was an honest mistake, I wouldn't let it bug me too much.
I once worked for a tire store that also did brakes. I pulled a customers car out that was *supposedly* ready to go. ~ I push in the brake which felt fine, put it in reverse and there was no brake grab when I need it. I didnt react in time to Jam it into park (which wouldn't have stopped it anyway and would have caused more potential damage) Anyway, I ran the customers car into another car. That Sucked. But they were so nice about it and I already felt like crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts