DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$300 Dealer Processing Fee (not required by law)

To "prep the truck for delivery". Anyone pay this ridiculous add-on fee? Anyone take a hard stand and get it waived? Talk to me.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Part of the Process Fee is to take the vehicle out of the SHIPPING MODE
They also half a**ed clean off the Rail Road Dust, by partially doing a WET SAND
They also remove the plastic wrap off of the Rims & interior

They have to take it out of the Shipping Mode & sometimes update the software
Both are done using the Hand Held Star Scan tool, it is now called something else

If you want to get rid of all the dirt embedded in the paint & feel confident that you can Clay Bar the Exterior without burning through the paint .....

I have not checked out any Rams that have been built at the new Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, so i don't know how good the Paint Jobs are

When the Rams were still being built at the Warren Michigan Assembly Plant
The Paint jobs were terrible when it came to the Orange Peel on the paints surface, they really needed a good Wet Sanding

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,245 Posts
It was an even hundred bucks at the dealership we got our RAM from.
It's a fair bit of work to transition from shipping mode to road-ready even normally, and in the case of our truck they had to steal a new front bumper from another Tradesman on the lot 'cos ours was scratched in a couple of places during the shipping process.

I dunno. It kinda seemed fair enough to me. The truck had a totally full tank of gas when we picked it up too so I didn't beef about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I negotiated it as part of the deal. I agreed to pay it if they lowered the price of the truck by 500 or they could take it off. On 2 different purchases they agreed to lower the purchase of the vehicle let by 500 to keep it on there. I think the thing is that fee goes straight to the dealer whereas the purchase price pays RAM.

·
Registered
665 Posts
A certain percentage of the "doc/processing fee" does to go pay the salesperson.

Here, I noticed the fee went up $100 when they started the 4 free oil changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts