DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a quarter sized rust bubble on my 2013 ram with less than 50000 miles on it...the entire truck is immaculate other than this. I took it to the dealer and the body shop manager took pics and submitted them to chrysler but it was rejected....Is there any way i can take this further....it is growing at a crazy rate....2 weeks ago it was a dime, now its the size of a quarter. I expected a little more for a $40000 truck

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Front or rear fender? Their have been people with rust holes on the front fenders above the hemi badge since some trucks have the front fenders filled with insulation that holds water.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
Yep...I'm pulling my liners and fluid filming in there when I get home.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Almost looks like you have paint protection film on the side of your truck as you can see a edge line around the wheel well. If it was film it could just be a bubble under the film, did you buy the truck new?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Almost looks like paint protection film on the side of your truck as you can see a edge line around the wheel well. If it was film it could just be a bubble under the film, did you buy the truck new?
i think that is just the lighting your seeing or the paint lines of the parking lot reflecting. Yes i bought it new. It is coming from the inside out. The inner lip is rusty and warping. I think i got a shit bed. The rest of my truck is flawless

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
They won't do anything until there's an actual hole. Bubbles aren't perforation. My earlier Dakota took over a year before the bubbles became holes which they fixed on the Chrysler rustproofing.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
Like said until a hole forms they won't cover it. Does the express have rear wheel well liners? If no I would thoroughly pressure wash under the truck and wheel wells. Drop the spare and clean there too. Also get a pair of liners its worth the cost if you plan on keeping the truck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd blame it on Z's Beer:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Front or rear fender? Their have been people with rust holes on the front fenders above the hemi badge since some trucks have the front fenders filled with insulation that holds water.
Some Trucks As In What Years ?

I Have Seen The Rocker Panel Rust On The 10/11 Years

I Have A Small Stone Chip Rust On My 11 Front Fender That I Am Fixing , But Other Then That , Things Look Good Pulling Out All The Wheel Well Liners And Looking Inside And Spraying Fluid Film

WI Winters And Salt

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
I saw a thread on a 2013 with a rust hole in the front fender

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
How's the paint on your 2013 holding up?
I haven't seen it in 3 months, but it was excellent then, aside from minor rock chips behind the wheels and a couple on the front-but those are to be expected. If its not when I get back the wife will have some 'splainin' to do, but she's been washing it so I'm not hugely concerned.

Rust is not a big concern for me because of where I live.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My old man had a 03 f150 he got new. Within 2 years rust started on the hood. The dealer said it wasn't covered unless there was a hole. So Dad took a small drill bit and created a hole. Took it back a month later and got a new hood.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't seen it in 3 months, but it was excellent then, aside from minor rock chips behind the wheels and a couple on the front-but those are to be expected. If its not when I get back the wife will have some 'splainin' to do, but she's been washing it so I'm not hugely concerned.

Rust is not a big concern for me because of where I live.
I live in NYC, and they salt the roads quite liberally. I find that rust isn't that big of an issue if you are diligent about washing the vehicles. I always hand wash my vehicles.

Fingers crossed, but I have been lucky with my vehicles throughout the years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts