DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys is like a little input. A few years ago I got my ram lettering taken off, as well as my slt and 4x4 lettering on the tailgate. I've been happy with the clean look, with the exception of my Hemi badges of course.

Now, as much as I'd like to buy a Power Wagon it's just foolish at this time since,a especially considering my truck has a lifetime power train warranty from Chrysler. That look has been a bit of an inspiration to me and recently I got a wild hair to give my truck a makeover.

I started with new red Hemi badges on the side, a grille mounted Hemi badge, and a red pinstripe. Then I had my buddy pull my ram logo off the tailgate. Now I'm trying to decide on just a bit more red striping, rocker panels, and maybe tailgate. Right now I have a roll bar on order and will be putting round style lights on it. I've also been thinking if I want to go with some throwback model name.

Back in the 70s 4x4 1/2T were Power Wagon 150s 3/4T being a 200 and 1T being 300 in the 80s 4x4s were all Power Rams, then for Gen2 everything was just homogenized to be Rams. So I've thought about doing Power Wagon stickers like the 10-13, but not real seriously, since that is a model again. So I've thought about getting Power Ram decals made, maybe integrated into a rocker panel stripe? The letters and words don't split well enough for a tailgate stripe though. Since I've got a RCSB with a roll bar en route I also thought about hijacking the Ramcharger name. And rehabbing some old badges or at least 1 for the tailgate. Shoot, Chrysler has repurposed names look at the 4dr charged and the new 4cyl Dart for instance.

Anyhow, I'm just looking for ideas and opinions on it all. The final step will be next spring, maybe fall with new wheels and tires. I'll most likely be going down to 17s. I guess a lift might happen, just don't know though.

Thanks fellas!

Luke

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No input?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally I love the way badges look especially the old school ones I am sure it would look beast on your truck! The red on black will look great always does.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally I love the way badges look especially the old school ones I am sure it would look beast on your truck! The red on black will look great always does.
Thanks for the input! Here is the emblem type I'm looking at.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure, if your original goal was to go cleaner, then adding different stuff seems to go against that idea. That said, if your are looking for a different look to what you have, that would do it. It would be a cool conversation starter, but only with people who knew the history. I didn't, but enjoyed learning from you, so that would be a bonus on top of a unique look.
Only downside would bethe new holes unless there are existing ones where you plan to mount.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Check farther back (the sixties) and you'll discover that Ramcharger was a specific high-performance engine in certain Dodge cars BEFORE it was a Truck! So I say do what YOU are happy with, so long as you're not trying to sell it for more profit by claiming it's a special edition, limited number factory built, etc. Post pics. when you're done!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input fellas. As for the holes, I'm going to dremel off the studs and use 3M double stick tape.

As for the debadging, I just never liked the emblems my truck came with, then I wanted it clean...but now I'm just going for something different now that in going with a red/black theme.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts