DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to debadge my 2011. Took off the RAM 1500 from both front doors. Used soap/water, wife's hair dryer, 17lb. mono fishing line (lighter test broke on me), drill/3M eraser wheel, then soap/water again. Took me maybe one hour total. Probably less. 3M eraser wheel works awesome. Got it for 5 bucks off ebay. Photos aren't the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job! I really prefer the debadged look.
Thanks Maddog. Just too much chrome on those doors. Don't mind a little but was just too much. Going to probably leave the HEMI badge on the fender. The eraser wheel was used so that is why I got it so cheap.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very nice job, I love the look after. I'm definitely going to debadge mine. Deciding on getting rid of the Hemi badge as well. I'm thinking I probably will remove that too.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
:smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
See you left the Hemi badge. I left mine too, at least for now. Still trying to decide if it should stay or go. Right now I'm thinking that totally denuded the truck looks a bit slab sided, not bad but maybe better with a touch of detail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See you left the Hemi badge. I left mine too, at least for now. Still trying to decide if it should stay or go. Right now I'm thinking that totally denuded the truck looks a bit slab sided, not bad but maybe better with a touch of detail.

Same here. Just wanted those big chrome letters/numbers off the doors. Thinking about some black wheels and don't think all the chrome would look very good with them. A little chrome is fine but just a little too much on my truck.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
lookin real sharp bud!!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I like that look a lot. The Ram 1500 just looks too crowded for me. I know a great wheel for that truck, lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Been thinking about doing mine from the start. Got rid of the Outdoorsman decal first thing. After 3 months did away with the 1500. Left the Ram on drivers side and moved the other to the front. Liking it so far, but the Ram may still have to go. As much as I like chrome, this was to much.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Looks good was thinking about doing it to mine. Im just wooried about scratching the new paint
easiest way with the 2011 spray the crap out of it with goo be gone then wait like 10 mins then take fishing string and go behind with a saw motion. Then when you get all the letters off soak again with goo be gone then just use your fingers to roll off the glue.After all the glue is gone wash her up and wax it and will look like this

no nick scratches or anything and alot easier then the eraser wheel but thats just me and it is a 2011 so glue is not that set yet

and here is the area where the emblems were

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
easiest way with the 2011 spray the crap out of it with goo be gone then wait like 10 mins then take fishing string and go behind with a saw motion. Then when you get all the letters off soak again with goo be gone then just use your fingers to roll off the glue.After all the glue is gone wash her up and wax it and will look like this
So if I goo be gone, debadge, wash and wax, My sport can look like a R/T too? :gy:

rinkman, your truck looks good. Thanks for the info dodgbert. I was wondering exactly how people was doing it. I was not aware the use of fishing line. I like the look. BTW, your R/T is sharp.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
So if I goo be gone, debadge, wash and wax, My sport can look like a R/T too? :gy:

rinkman, your truck looks good. Thanks for the info dodgbert. I was wondering exactly how people was doing it. I was not aware the use of fishing line. I like the look. BTW, your R/T is sharp.
lol close your eyes and click your heels together and say theres no truck like ram and boom you to can have an r/t :LOL:

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
i read a whole lot of stuff before i do things so probably only thing i failed on so far was the headlight baking

1 - 20 of 23 Posts