DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the "1500" off the doors. Pain in the a--! I Used fishing string to take off the letters....no biggie. Than I read about and used a paint stirrer filed down to remove the tape off the doors....time consuming! Than I used "Goo Gone" to remove the glue... to slow. I went to Home Depot to get 3M double sided tape to put the "RAM" back on the door. The salesman sold me "Goof Off" better and a little stronger than "Goo gone".......worked much better. Measured and aligned the "RAM" to door.. this you gotta do it right. This took a good part of the day. I am REAL happy with the results!

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
isn't that what the 2010's looked like?

Never did like the huge string of text "RAM 1500" across half of my front doors.

I took mine off and added some smaller custom badges that aren't so... HEY LOOK AT ME!

I used goo gone when I did mine because I was afraid that goof off would damage my paint.

Is it safe for your paint? It has Acetone in it!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
looks good! I've never been found of the "1500" either

Exco

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
isn't that what the 2010's looked like?

Never did like the huge string of text "RAM 1500" across half of my front doors.

I took mine off and added some smaller custom badges that aren't so... HEY LOOK AT ME!

I used goo gone when I did mine because I was afraid that goof off would damage my paint.

Is it safe for your paint? It has Acetone in it!
My 2010 never had the 1500 on it. always only said RAM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What about putting the "1500" UNDER the RAM? Would ya think?

RAM
Then you would have the look of a 2013 Ram.

I took all of mine off too but left the ones on the tailgate. I don't know where these videos come from of guys taking them off so easy but I think they might have just drove them brand new off the lot and did it right afterwards. I seen one of one guy that; after using the fishing line, just pulled the adhesive off with his fingers one letter at a time and said it took him 10 min....Yeah, that didn't work for me! Two hours, a bunch of 3M adhesive remover, and 2-4 sore fingers later it was finally done. Looked great though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts