DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today, I decided to start debadging the Ram. I pulled the "Big Horn" and "Ram 1500" badges off. I'm thinking of leaving it topless, looks good to me. :smileup:

But then I could change my mind and go completely naked.:4-dontknow:

Comments are welcomed.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I love the naked look myself, nothing like a sleek truck!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Was the paint a different color around the badges? I was told to wait until I was going to get it buffed to debase because you could still see the letters after they are remove.
If you take it off soon after you buy the truck then you won't see any ghost outlines but if you wait a year or so and then take them off, you'll see a a little ghost outline due to sun, waxes, washing the truck, dirt, etc that has been on the rest of the trucks paint.

BTW go naked!!! If you want to have the Hemi call outs, then do what I did and order the challenger Hemi call outs and attach them to the hood, it looks so much more fitting.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was the paint a different color around the badges? I was told to wait until I was going to get it buffed to debase because you could still see the letters after they are remove.
No, there was no difference in the color of the paint under or around the letters. But I have a 09/11 build date so the paint is still pretty new.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i think it looks awesome. i would say the b pillar tape is itchin to come off and the Hemi badge and 4x4 also. i debadged my red truck after 7 yrs of sitting in the sun and regular washes and waxes and you cant see 1 single outlined letter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think it looks awesome. i would say the b pillar tape is itchin to come off and the Hemi badge and 4x4 also. i debadged my red truck after 7 yrs of sitting in the sun and regular washes and waxes and you cant see 1 single outlined letter.

I have to agree about the B-Pillar tape! I took mine off when i debadged my truck. I left the hemi badged on as well, Looks really clean.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Naked!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,363 Posts
Personally, I like the badges but I agree, I'd leave the HEMI badge on and take the 4x4 off. Nice looking truck BTW, looks like it's well guarded, too, cool dog! :smileup:

- Cajun

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.