DODGE RAM FORUM banner

debadging

7300 Views 27 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  BEACHFRONTARTIST
Wanting to clean up my 2012 1500 big horn crew cab.
Need a little advice on removing badges. Are you using heat gun to warm them up or just prying them off? I am planning on taking the ram 1500 off of the doors and maybe moving the hemi badge up to the frontside of the front wheel-oldschool-style. Also plan on cleaning up the tailgate and leaving just the ram head in the center. thanks for any input

applebutter
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
I'm going to be doing mine this weekend and found a couple of good videos on Youtube showing the process. USMC42 sounds like he hit the nail on the head with adhesive remover. I have read on here also that some guys will use a "pinstripe removal wheel" that is available from NAPA for around $15.00 so I'm going to look into that also. Good luck with the mod!

I'm wondering also if anybody has tried WD-40 to attack the adhesive? I have used it on some of my bikes to remove the warning stickers and it usually works pretty good.

· Registered
98 Posts
Here is mine after debadging and rebadging. It was a piece of cake. It took longer to read all the threads about what to do and what not to do than it actually took. Let me know what you think of the Hemi badges on the hood. The truck is Sagebrush.....kind of hard to tell.

I had the door windows tinted yesterday and also put some Westin Nerf bars on. I have a Bakflip G2 tonneau cover and some EGR vent shades on the way. Hopefully I will have it leveled some time in the near future. A work in progress.

Hemi Badges moved to the hood

One shot with my son Jordan's memorial bridge in the background....

· Registered
98 Posts
I was tempted to remove the 4x4 emblem and use the numbers to make it a RAM 4500 just to keep people guessing....:158:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.