DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm removing my Daytona decal's this weekend... Gonna make my girl a sleeper Daytona. I'm debadging everything but the RAM heads also. I feel like, I didn't like the spoiler, so I took it off, and the decals are just a part of the spoiler look as well. So.... ITS GOT TO GO! :wavey:

I know some will probably think... its the Daytona because of the ground effects... Well partly... It also has the aftermarket performance. And I will always know!

Has anyone thought about doing this before?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sleepers are only real fun if you plan to use them for surprising the guy next to you at the light or unless you wanna do that hammer pass on the highway or then theres that dum%$# that says "Hey dude, wanna race yer pickup truck against my tuned dodge neon? I will race ya for slips?" Can you say goodbye car hello get some good walking sneakers to that kid. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stripped her down. =] Only other daytona's can seem to tell haha.

random thought. I feel like I'm the only daytona with exhaust pipes running on both sides of the truck? Every daytona I run into (very few up here) only seem to have exhausts coming out one side.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sleepers are only real fun if you plan to use them for surprising the guy next to you at the light or unless you wanna do that hammer pass on the highway or then theres that dum%$# that says "Hey dude, wanna race yer pickup truck against my tuned dodge neon? I will race ya for slips?" Can you say goodbye car hello get some good walking sneakers to that kid. :)
Haha. So true! What part of Maine are you from??

·
Registered
487 Posts
I stripped her down. =] Only other daytona's can seem to tell haha.

random thought. I feel like I'm the only daytona with exhaust pipes running on both sides of the truck? Every daytona I run into (very few up here) only seem to have exhausts coming out one side.
Sounds like yours had an exhaust change. From the Factory they came with Borla exhaust with twin tips coming out the right side. One tip said Dodge the other Borla. Plus the ground effect (if you can call it that) was notched out for the exhaust while the other side (obviously) did not.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like yours had an exhaust change. From the Factory they came with Borla exhaust with twin tips coming out the right side. One tip said Dodge the other Borla. Plus the ground effect (if you can call it that) was notched out for the exhaust while the other side (obviously) did not.
yeah jtrombley came down this weekend and picked up my spoiler, side by side, i totally had an after market swap. they cut out the back left skirt to add additional exhaust pipes, and i have after market tips on both sides as well. plus my truck seems to be much louder. :Wow1:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im with you. As soon as i picked up my daytona, i removed the spoiler, box side decals and the body kit or "skirt" all around the truck except for the piece on the front bumper (i thought it looked ok). next i am going to debadge i just dont know what, although the idea of everything except the rambeads on the grill and the trailgait (i thinkt hats what you mean) does sound like it would look nice. very clean.

as far as the exhaust goes, be happy about it, i have the borla one that the daytona package comes with you would be able to tell its aftermarket if there werent the double heads sticking out the passenger side behind the rear tire. it is mellow, and when i asy mellow i mean extremely mellow, hell if you stand outside i think you can hear my aftermarket CAI sucking in air louder than you can hear the rumble of the pipes. i have been looking into how to beef it up or make it a bit louder, there are 2 pipes from the muffler to the tips. i jsut dont know how to go about it...
bigger tips? different muffler? maybe keep the tips and muffler but gut my cats (i dont need em up here in canada) kinda a stumper for me.

cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah jtrombley came down this weekend and picked up my spoiler, side by side, i totally had an after market swap. they cut out the back left skirt to add additional exhaust pipes, and i have after market tips on both sides as well. plus my truck seems to be much louder. :Wow1:
Totally loved the sound of your truck! It looks good the way you have it set up and debadged. Thanks again for the spoiler, but if you can see if you can get those back bolts out it would be awesome. They don't make them anymore. If you can't I may have to make something different!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question im new to this forum and to trucks in general went from a mustang gt to this a ram daytona question is if i remove that decal the paint underneth wont match the other right? because of fadeing?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick question im new to this forum and to trucks in general went from a mustang gt to this a ram daytona question is if i remove that decal the paint underneth wont match the other right? because of fadeing?
mind looks as if there never was a decal. but simply buffing would remove any slight differental anyhow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man blacking out everything today :)
Not a problem, Make sure you snag a pic so we can see! would love to see what the go mango looks like with the difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
btw, to get the far back bolt for the spoiler you have to remove the tailights. it takes about ten minutes to do the whole process. it was easy, after i spent like 3 hours screwing around trying to get the last bolt other ways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts