DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
What engine you got in the boat brother?? Gel coat looks good on your boat BTW.. Almost bought a Black 23' Crownline Bowrider back in the day
I had a Chaparral just like that but in white. Could you believe that I dropped it on the ground while backing it in the water. I used to have the bad habit of giving the rope to my wife (with everything unhooked) so I could back it in and let it come off the trailer and be done. Well, I lubed up the skids one day to make the cranking easier...LOL...when I went to back it in...it slid right off the trailer about 5 feet from the water right on the cement ramp. :SHOCKED:

It took about 10 guys to engineer a way to get it back on the trailer, but we did it. Funny thing is that a couple of guys said they had done the same thing. The cool thing was that it only scuffed up the bottom a little bit along with the outboard's keel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What engine you got in the boat brother?? Gel coat looks good on your boat BTW.. Almost bought a Black 23' Crownline Bowrider back in the day
It's just a little 4.3L Volvo Penta. The boat is a 1997 Mariah Shabah 180LE

It runs pretty good though. I can get her to about 50mph with 4 people in it.

My buddy owns a detailing business so he gave me a deal on a wax job for the boat. The green looks awesome out in the water.

·
Registered
307 Posts
As picky as I am about detailing my truck, I'd cringe if I saw a sponge being reused without thoroughly re-rinsing it before using it again.

Heck, for that matter, I use 2 different wash mitts... 1 for the painted surfaces, and 1 just for cleaning the wheels. :)

Darin

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scratches!!!!

Jeez guys they weren't washing it with sandpaper.

Trust me I dont go for the washes. I let them get that top layer of dirt off and look good while doing it then I take it afterwards for the real wash.

·
Banned
5,797 Posts
Yeah, nice to look at, but what kind of wash do you get? I might bring an old beater there to get it washed, but would NEVER let anyone in a gimmick situation like that touch my truck. Might let them touch my "ram" though! LOL!!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Sometimes you just have to put things into perspective. I've had mine washed twice like that (for a good cause) and both times spent a few hours later in the day with a power buffer to remove the scratches from the wax and re-wax the truck.

Was it worth it.......I did go twice.......hope to again this year. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts