DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the tailgate shock from Dee Zee about a month ago. It came in but the nut insert that goes into the tailgate wouldn't collapse to lock in place no matter how hard you tightened it, defective. After about three weeks, they finally got me a new insert. Got it installed, but it required more than the 3/4 and 9 turns they talked about. Good news though, it's installed and functioning. I left the cable off though since even new from the factory it was just a hair too long and the passenger side supported the tailgate and it does't seem to affect anything. Anyone have any thoughts on possible problems. I don't drive with the tailgate down or heavy loads on it, so I don't see any potential problems.
Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
I installed one a couple of weeks ago and I had to turn it more than 9 times also. I don't see any reason for the cable if you aren't going to put any load on the tailgate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PX8black, that was kind of my thought also. I do like it though since I have the power tailgate and a undercover flex on the truck. It makes life so much nicer. Had a factory installed option similar on the Titan that I use to own and loved it, but the Ram is a much nicer truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really like the Undercover Flex! I'm wishing i would have bought something similar to it.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Definitely on my list of mods...soon. Gotta get some other stuff squared away first though. Did you buy from [email protected]? That guy will hook you up!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Just got mine this morning. Install was a breeze and very happy
same here...i did a little photo show of the install on my truck and posted in the 4th gen body and interior mods section.

that freakin nutsert was a real PITA...i did the 9 turns too, buttoned it all up, and then tried the tailgate only to find the nutsert broke loose. i just put the tool back on and gave a dozen more turns and it seems to be fine now...

im not too sure the nutsert will hold up, but i like the idea of disconnecting the cable on the strut side...:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Can i see pics? I have no idea what yall are talking about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts