DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed my DeeZee tailgate assist today. It's an easy process and I'm pretty impressed with how nice it works. No more having to guide the tailgate down when I open it.

I also swapped out my 3" carbon fiber antenna for a 13" stubby. I loved the look of the carbon fiber, but at least now I can listen to FM stations again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
love it! did mine wednesday. man it works great. I striped out that darn blind nut:i_redface: drilled and taped new hole next to factory slot. real solid now
bulletproof removed the weak link.i never new they existed till the z what an awesome site thanks for posting your pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I agree. I have had my tailgate assist on for about a year now and have never looked back. They work great. I put a 3" carbon fiber antenna on the truck and have never had a reception problem. Got both of my parts off E-Bay.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice mod on the tailgate and antenna. What site did you buy the tailgate assist from?
I purchased the tailgate assist thru Amazon because I had a gift card which covered the cost.

I never heard of them before this site either. I am surprised it doesn't come as a factory option. At least now I can trust other people to open the tailgate. My last truck two different people had the tailgate slip out of their hands, it makes for a loud sound when they drop it, lol.

As far as the antenna, I'm going back to the carbon fiber one. I remember now why I listen to satellite radio, FM has noting but blah, blah, blah, no music and pointless conversations. I don't really like the look of the longer antenna and it constantly vibrates with the truck parked and off, lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put a 3" carbon fiber antenna on the truck and have never had a reception problem. Got both of my parts off E-Bay.
Mine was also from ebay, I get 1 FM channel with it, lol.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
nice mods bd thats one of the ones on my list aswell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts