DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a backup camera installed in a 2003 dodge ram 2500 Hemi, the truck before this has never had any problems at all. but after i had this backup camera installed when i put the key in the ignition i cant turn the key right away and have the engine start, i have to stick the key in the ignition and turn it to the start position, then wait 3 seconds then turn the key and the engine will start with no other problems. i was wondering if you guys have ever heard of this problem or what could be wrong?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
And, I would ask a mod to have this post moved to a particular section..

Hopefully someone knows exactly what you're going through here!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum..... We are glad to have you here... I dont have an answer to your question however one of our many talented members will have an answer for you... Do you have any pics of your truck... We like the pics....

Enjoy the site......

Ed

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the new Ram! There are a ton of brilliant people and some technicians as well (myself included) on here, and we will help in any way we can. Feel free to send me a message with any questions you may have. Any info you need, we have, and if we dont, someone can find it for you. I am a soldier and myself and a few other members are Mechanics by trade. Everyone has something to offer at the Z. Looking forward to Pics and seeing you active in the community.

-Josh.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The fuel system has a drain back valve at the fuel tank that helps keep fuel pressure up when the truck is turned off. I wonder if this was damaged in some way when the backup camera wiring was installed. :4-dontknow:

When you turn on the key, can you hear a whirring or buzzing sound from under the truck that changes tone in a few seconds. If so, you might be hearing the pump building pressure. In these fuel injected vehicles, I am in the habit of turning the key to the 'ON' position and pausing before I hit the 'Start' position strictly to allow the pump a head start. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts