DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I have a 2016 6.7 Cummins 4x4 crew cab. My family is getting a little bigger so I need something a little better on fuel. A buddy of mine did a delete on his cummins and sends me pics every now and then that shows he avg. 40mpg and 1050 miles per tank. I'm curious to know what MPGs everyone else is getting after deleting the EGR and DEF. The little that I could find still avg around 22. Thanks in advance.

·
8,070 Posts
Your buddy isn't getting anywhere close to 40 mpg. Once tuned and deleted the EVIC doesn't mean anything (it isn't even reliable on a stock truck). You have to hand calculate for accurate numbers.

If you ended up with 22 mpg deleted you'd be doing really well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured he may not be telling me everything he had done to it, Im thinking its getting that good because of the external fuel tank he adding and its throwing the MPGs off.

·
8,070 Posts
Yeah, that extra tank combined with deleting is without a doubt throwing the EVIC off. Like I said, you gotta hand calculate for accurate numbers.

There are definite benefits to deleting though along with the slight fuel mileage increase. Even if fuel mileage stayed the same I'd argue deleting is still worth it. It's better for the engine and longevity, more power and torque, and drives nicer. I deleted my truck at 7000km (4375 miles). At 148,000km (92,500 miles) now and would never go back.

·
Super Moderator
34,695 Posts
LMAO, 40 MPG in a 409 inch truck diesel!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine is deleted with 6 inch lift on 37's around town I only get about 15 to 18mpg on the highway I can get 21mpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts