DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone's opinion on Delmonico Red? My dealer is searching for a truck dealer found a pretty much loaded up Big horn sport matching my specs in Delmonico Red. I've scene a few non sports this color that I thought looked good, but not sure how it will look on monochromatic sport.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a nice color and not seen too often. I think it looks better (all 2019's) color matched. Not a fan of the chrome grill & bumpers on the 2019's.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Delmonico Red is a nice medium dark metallic. I'm not keen on reds but I'd take the Delmonico. That and Blue Streak seem to be the best colors IMO. I was just wondering yesterday, after perusing the dealer web sites, if Ram has any intention this century of coming up with some new colors. It's getting old to see the same bland basics out there. Want to see a really nice color? Check out the Cavalry Blue on the Toyota Tundra. I don't know why Ram can't come up with something distinctive.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
We saw a Delmonico Red Sport in a parking lot one day and my wife's been trying to get me to trade for a Delmonico Sport (my next truck will be an HD, so 2500) ever since.

I'm a fan

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love my Delmonico Sport it is a very deep color that changes color depending on how bright it is outside. I spent last weekend polishing it with a power buffer first with a glaze then a paste wax and the paint looks incredible. I have not owned a red truck before this one is a first for me and I have gotten way more comments about this truck than previous trucks. I would post some pictures but don't have a photo bucket account anymore.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I would post some pictures but don't have a photo bucket account anymore.

Photobucket sucks and doesn't let people host photos there for other sites unless you pay now. Hit the "gallery" tab at the top of the page and host your photos on this site-then you can just copy/paste your photos into your posts

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I'm sorry
I can't stand the color of an uncooked steak that has been sitting on the counter for 1/2 a day

Try driving for 6 to 12 hours looking at that color & you will be wishing that you had bought the New Holland Blue Ram instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVftFHhC7OM

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have Del. Red on my 2018 Limited Tungsten. Very close to the Octane Red on the He'll Cats. Might be the prettiest color I've ever had.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The less a steak is cooked the better

·
Registered
988 Posts
Its the best color out there for a 4th gen IMHO. I do think it looks better on the 4th gens than the new ones. I prefer the black on black on the 5th gens but damn it would be hard to keep clean.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,601 Posts
My son's 2013 is Del. Red, I kind of like it over my 2017 Silver. I must say that the silver doesn't show dust/dirt as much, though.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
My son's 2013 is Del. Red, I kind of like it over my 2017 Silver. I must say that the silver doesn't show dust/dirt as much, though.
Delmonico was new for 2016, your son's would be Deep Cherry Red which is lighter

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love the color, it gets a lot of compliments, but it's not what I'd choose with a chrome grill. It just doesn't look "right" to my eye. I thought it was the chrome grill that I didn't like until I saw the same grill on a black truck and a white truck and both looked great.. it just doesn't look right to me on delmonico red.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I really like this color. It looks like a black cherry in shaded sun like above but when the lower sun hits it, it is much redder. I and the lady friend call it blood-red.
I think it looks great with the chrome grille, but love is in the eye of the beholder (which is why I got this combo and got the brown interior to boot!)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the color, it gets a lot of compliments, but it's not what I'd choose with a chrome grill. It just doesn't look "right" to my eye. I thought it was the chrome grill that I didn't like until I saw the same grill on a black truck and a white truck and both looked great.. it just doesn't look right to me on delmonico red.

That does look very sharp looking.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also like the Delmonico Red. If I could go back it would have been a toss up between Delmonico, Blue Streak and Bright Metallic Silver. I would have taken a closer look at all 3. Don't get me wrong though, I love my Silver Ram

1 - 20 of 34 Posts