DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow this thing is small , unfortunatly I want to do some data logging before and after the tune but I cant do anything until the snow melts later today or tomorow

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy crap yeah that's small! lol. It has the same features as the predator, right? It looks cool like an iphone or something.
Same tunning as the predator , but its supposed to be alot faster , updates automaticly when plugged into your PC, can store multiple data logs, can use the same tunner for all vehicles that are inabled (not at the same time) lots of other features but the main tunning aspect is the same

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far so good , took about 40 seconds to write and save my stock tune , took maybe a minute to load 91 oct tune once I modified shift points and rev limiter. Data logging was cool it shows everything on one screen (pic below). Took less than a minute to return my stock tune. Tunning with my preditor took at least 20 minutes.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i might have to do that upgrade aswell

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got mine and it does not want to work. I ran a Bullydog GT before it, so I'm thinking I may need a reflash before installing it. I'm on vacation and on icy roads, so I won't be able to really check this thing out until the new years. I can't wait to see how it compares to the Bullydog. If it works as advertised, I should be a happy camper. It does definitely look great and is small. And it could not possibly look any less like an older iPhone.

It's good to see the first reviews so far are positive.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the predator and after I sold it I wanted to try somthing different like the SC , I came back to diablo simply for the fact that it doesnt leave a foot print.

·
Registered
70 Posts
From the superchips website FYI :smiley_thumbs_up:

Q12. Does installing a Superchips tuner void my factory warranty?

Answer: No. It is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based solely on the fact that you have installed an aftermarket product. The dealership must prove in a court of law that an aftermarket product has decisively caused the damage to the vehicle under warranty. As a precaution, always remove the tuning before going to a dealer for service.
For information regarding denial of warranty coverage, review the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.

and this.......last line

TUNING
  • Industry leading tuning for trucks, Jeeps and performance cars delivering maximum horsepower, torque and world class drivability for your vehicle
  • Tune for high performance, heavy load towing, fuel economy or off-road uses
  • Syncs wirelessly with your vehicle using included Bluetooth dongle
  • Uses Android operating systems to provide a simple yet effective user interface to make tuning a snap
  • 50-state emissions legal

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It doesnt seem like it would be difficult for a dealership to come up with a reason why the tunner caused damage , There is lots of stuff they could make up then it would be up to you to prove otherwise, easier said than done. I could see it very easy to convince a judge that someone caused damage by messing with the computor system. Not a gamble Im willing to take or a battle I have time to fight while my truck sits .

·
Registered
91 Posts
FDBDW, i am with you on that. Not worth the risk IMO. I have the intune on order for when i get home jsut for that reason. Want to beable to quickly put it back to stock in case i ned to take it in tothe shop

·
Registered
1 Posts
the intune is still tryin to get things hammered out. the 09 hemi is having some problems at the moment. hopefully they can get an update out soon. mine is a $400 paperweight at the moment. its hopefully worth the wait though. not givin up yet!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have been looking into buying a tuner and so far it is down to the BullyDog Triple GT and the Diablo In tune tuner. I am pretty sure the in tune is replacing the predator. I think I read that on Diablos website.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been looking into buying a tuner and so far it is down to the BullyDog Triple GT and the Diablo In tune tuner. I am pretty sure the in tune is replacing the predator. I think I read that on Diablos website.
The Bullydog is limited in what you can do as compared to the Intune. If you're happy with only 3 choices of tunes and the highest octane being 92, then it's ok. If you want custom tunes, higher octane tunes, and more options... Intune. I just hope my Intune will run on my truck after I get it reflashed. I bought it to replace the Bullydog.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Bullydog is limited in what you can do as compared to the Intune. If you're happy with only 3 choices of tunes and the highest octane being 92, then it's ok. If you want custom tunes, higher octane tunes, and more options... Intune. I just hope my Intune will run on my truck after I get it reflashed. I bought it to replace the Bullydog.
It appears for the 4.7 the Intune may not have a higher octane canned tune. all I see is MPG booster, 87 Octane and Diablo tune which allows you to select your own parameters. I was hoping for a 94 octane tune like all the hemi guys talk about. But I haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet. It finally works on my truck though after a few emails to DS (no reflash was necessary, it just needed to load the data for my truck from the internet first). The MPG booster tune seems to be comparable in power to the 92 octane tune on the Bullydog GT (highest octane tune on that). Not quite as rip the tires off power that I had with the GT, but at 30 cents a litre difference in gas (lower octane) and more traction control, I can sure live with that. I haven't tried any other tunes... yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts