Tunes are different then on my DSP

Available tunes are
MPG Booster Tune
91 Octane Tune
Diablo Tune
87 Octane Tune
Modify Stock Tune

So no 93 Tune?

Is the Diablo Tune going to provide more performance gains or the 91?

I asked Diablo and they first told me there should be a 93 tune, then I told them what was listed and they said OH THE DIABLO TUNE IS THE 93 Tune.....

So I installed it but it does not seem as responsive as the 91???

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm going to venture a guess...(after messing with my intune last night on an 07 hemi quad. that the 91 tune IS the top tune for this unit. I'm not buying that the diablo tune is the 93 tune, because the description says power gains with "fuel economy in mind" now i loaded the 91 tune, took my foot off the floor for a change, and was able to click off 20 MG highway, i also noticed that the shifts are firmer, and throttle boost is there, and in the city at 35MPH, where i used to watch my mpg click down to 12-13, i'm watching it click UP..yes UP, back to the 18 mpg range.

my last battle is going to be understanding this torque percentage for trans shifting. i don't get that at all.

the controling the A/c fans at idle...seems also useless code that took up 4 function slots.

also rich/lean. my truck felt amazing with leaving these and the torque percentage untouched, hopefully i even have more in it.

give diablo a call today and see what you can figure out. let us know

·
Registered
127 Posts
i could be wrong about the diablotune not being the 93...looks like alot of other forums say it is, but i'm not sure why it'd reference gas mileage, there's also a few posts about the 91 tune feeling stronger than the "diablotune"...guess we'll see

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what Diablo told me this morning
I will leave the Diablo Tune in for a bit and see what happens...
But my first and only drive still felt like the 91 pulled harder
Exact same tune, different name.
Most all of our tools have the 93 tune called Diablo tune.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah i also talked to them, the Diablo tune is supposedly the 93, good for 20-25 horse. the 91 tune is good for 15-20. so in my opinion, if you go with the diablo tune, and get some mediorce gas...you're probably barely getting the 20. if you run the 91 tune, and run 91/92..you're probably still getting the 20. Time will tell, i may try the diablo in a few days, but the 91 feels great to me so far. it was a real releif to see that 20MPG on the ticker. i'm trying to get a good starting point for the lean mixture, and the torque percentage attributes, still waiting on that one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
just to bump this topic, and add another 2 cents. i just installed the diablo tune, the so called 93 high-po tune, after installing and trying the 91 tune for a few days.. and what a spongy mess it felt like. i gotta say after one pass around the block i put the 91 right back in. unless the truck factory computer is reading the 92 octane thats actually in it, and pulling timing to avoid knock, then i don't see where the "diablo tune" would benefit me at all. so fellas, i'd start with the 91, and go from there.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am back to the 91 tune myself, pulls way harder than the so called 93 tune (Diablo Tune)...But I did always run the 93 tune on the DSP and it pulled way harder than the 91 lol

·
Registered
896 Posts
I been running the 87 tune on my Trinity... seems I am missing something on the next floor up.. hmmmm.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts