DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first had vehicle I've had following a long line of diesels. I decided to get a programmer because I wanted to have 100% engine power at 100% engine power at 100% throttle. After reading many reviews on the available I decided to go with the Diablo Trinity because of the number of customizavle parameters. From what I understand from ready many forums when you mash the gas pedal to the floor your only getting about 70% of the potential engine output. I should be able to adjust the WOT settings so my truck delivers 100% of its power when I hold it to the floor. My brother has a 2006 Nissan Titan with a bully dog programmer and that’s how his works. On his truck without the WOT enabled he has a mediocre launch from a dead stop, with it enabled he is able to smoke the tires down if he wanted. That’s what I’m looking for. I want 100% of the engines power from a dead stop when I hit the gas pedal. As it stands now with the preloaded tunes, it’s difficult to even tell a difference with them enabled.

There are so many adjustable parameters I don't even know where to start. There's a spark/timing advance, a WOT adjustment at 3 different rpm ranges, a fuel response to make truck richer or leaner, and many more. Can someone please help me understand how to safely adjust these parameters to achieve maximum power without harming my truck.

Vehicle Year : 2011

Vehicle Make : DODGE

Vehicle Model : RAM 1500

Vehicle Engine : 5.7L HEMI

Vehicle Modifications :
K&N cold air intake system
2 chamber flowmaster muffler inline with factory dual's
4inch lift kit
305/55/r20 Nitto Terra Grappler oversized tires

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the same vehicle and have been wondering the same thing. While I have been planning on having HF write me a tune, it would be nice to be able to make a few adjustments on my own without fear of doing damage...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I dont think you can get the blade to open all the way. After datalogging i only got to 78%. You can increase throttle sens. And that would help. I wouldnt do to many adjustment to wot and fuel with out some trail and era. I advanced mine 4 degrees and lost all my buttom end and motor started to shake.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do to really open it up with the adjustable parameters that are available on the tuner. You need to get in the tune and basically rewrite it, and unless you REALLY know what your doing (and have the software) it's best left to the pros! Get a hemifever tune, it's worth it!

·
Registered
202 Posts
He already addresses most of what you are looking for. From emailing him, he sets these parameters at what he feels is the safest level, vs. the most performance. I believe you would be greatly satisfied with his settings, I definately am! Plus its only $125 dollars more, for basically a full dyno tune. If you know what you are doing and have a datalog of the vehicle running, its just about as good as actually putting it on a dyno and having it custom tuned on the spot. Plus I have heard that he has experience with tunning hundreds of Hemi vehicles. I have only felt gains like his from actual dyno tunes I have done on previous sports cars, and I will attest I believe I couldn't have gotten better results if I took it to a shop. I can also attest that I have more than once gotten a dyno tune from what I would call a less than knowledgable tuner, spending the money twice to find someone that actually tuned the cars the way I wanted. Spending as much as $800 on a tune, and not being able to feel or see a difference at the track(Navarez Tuning in Las Vegas)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts