DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i recently purchased a Diablo Trinity, and installed the 93 octane tune. I'm not really impressed with the preformance of it. My question is, is the performance only during WOT? Also I've watched a few videos on youtube, and my truck doesn't react like any of them. Granted you never know what other mods they have. I noticed that if I'm merging onto an interstate, it doesnt feel any different them stock. Any ideas? and yes I put 93 octane in the tank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was going to get the Trinity and ended up getting a Superchips programmer, you should be able to go into the unit and do a fine tune with your WOT shift points, touque, MDS, speed limiter and a number of other things. I want to get one for my truck, but want hear from ppl like you that have them on how they perform before I drop 600 on one.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all I can say is that I filled up my truck with 93, installed the tune, turned off MDS and set my 1-2 and 3-4 shift points to 6100 RPM which is what everyone seems to be using. With your superchips, do you have to be WOT in order to see a difference?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have the Trinity in my truck as well and when I installed it there was a difference but it was not mind blowing. I have been told to really get the benifit out of it you need an upgrade to your exhaust. So far I have only done the CAI. I am running the 91 octane tune.

·
Registered
Ram 1500 5.7L, 4x4 CC, Sh.B, 3.55G, Laramie(level5) 105K, K&N Intake, 90mm TB, not enough character
19 Posts
I have bbk headers,k&n intake, removed cats, TRUE dual exhaust and custom 2.5 (cat) back system. Zero restriction.

bought the tuner from Hemifever and running 93 tune from them. My opinion is it’s VERY generic. I’ve asked Sean about 30 questions and he doesn’t addressANY of them. I’m still waiting for my custom tweaked tune from the logs I emailed him

3rd gear is Noticeably more expanded. Other than that I can’t tell much difference. Specially where you need it the most in 1st and sec I peeked into the settings.Nothing I couldn’t have done with a little research about parameters.

I’m very disappointed. I thought this would be the Cherry on top of my “breathing” improvements made to truck.

I DID GET 18.8 MPG ON MY VACATION TRIP!!! my truck is usually stuck on 12-13

so worth$700... not so much. Cheap feel to screen and it’s lacking a good
Processor.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I recommend looking into a custom tune. I felt a nice gain after I put a Hemifever 93 octane tune in my truck as opposed to the preloaded tunes that came with my diablo. The service I have received from Hemifever tuning is top notch. I couldn't be happier. Another option is Greene tuning. Although I haven't dealt personally with them I've heard nothing but good comments about Greene tuning on this forum.

·
Registered
Ram 1500 5.7L, 4x4 CC, Sh.B, 3.55G, Laramie(level5) 105K, K&N Intake, 90mm TB, not enough character
19 Posts
That’s what I have is a custom tune from Sean at Hemifever. I don’t have anything negative to say in regards to him or Hemifever, I just think that it’s a tad generic for &150-200. When you tune your truck, did u ever sneak in the parameters and look at what he actually changes? Because he never even played with the fuel trims. A few other settings like throttle gain remain at 0. However he claims that he set it? I don’t know man. I’ve spent thousands prepping my engine for stage one tuning and now that I have it I’m A little disappointed with the result. My revised 93 tune from them is awaiting installation as I am out of town. I truly hope it works better

I don’t know maybe I’m just really picky. I’m looking into NOS right now. It just feels like my low end is not maximized as it should be. First and second seem sluggish. And I will NOT get the pedal commander.
Don’t get me wrong, my shit is fast. I boat race just about anything light to light. Regardless, I know more can be squeezed out of the low end

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had to do at least 3 data logs each time I changed my mods and send the data to him. From the data he tweaked my tune until it was best for my truck. Just checked my last data log. He was monitoring about 12 different variables. From a/f ratio to timing advance or retard. I think Sean is pretty thorough. I haven't blown her up yet!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sorry I missed your post about having a Hemifever tune before I chimed in. I'm pretty sure the tune Sean sends you is the best for your truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s a work in progress, that is if the files could reach him. I think we are having some comm issues because of the compatibility between tuner, iPhone and windows, and the apps or email platforms being used. Files not getting attached, so on and so forth. It’s so irritating. I’m gonna sit on my thumbs and zip it 🤐 til I get a more polished tune catered to mine.

Thanks guys. There really isn’t a bad thing to be said his tuning. I think he is probably a VERY busy guy. I know I can’t read long ass emails either so I try to not bombard him. Instead maybe y’all can help.

How fast (and what order of sensory input) does the ecu compensate for incorrect values and sums when processing its algorithms? Seems to me it immediate and starts with the temp values of the intake and manifold. When I tune my truck I can literally feel the truck adjusting the tune back to stock. After a period of 24-48hours it’s almost as if the tune will lose all its spunk or effectiveness.
I get my best gains when I tune my truck back to stock and start from scratch. It’s kind of annoying, but it’s the only way I feel any difference. I don’t see how people claim to drop tunes in and run them for days/weeks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts