DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt take it, after the return from the 2,000 mile trip through the redwood forest, and across the lava plains of Norcal/southern Oregon, the Ram was covered in all manner of tree sap, Road tar and lava rock bits.

Here is a before of the outside...filthy...

Inside (My dog shed EVERYWHERE :str: ) :

And the crap in the clay :wow::SHOCKED::Wow1: :

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And...afters :)

I used Meguiar's Clay, Ultimate Compound, #7 Glaze, #26 Yellow Carnuba and JetSeal 109, The tires got Meguiar's NXT Tire Shine, the interior, tonneau cover and black exterior trim got Aerospace 303.

EDIT: sorry for the sideways pic of the back seat, I rotated it in photobucket, but I guess it doesnt matter?

·
Banned
56,675 Posts
Blue wants to know if you will give her a bath too? Her mom is horrible and hasn't washed her since the summer :(

Your blue looks great!!! I bet it felt good to clean it up!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks clean to me, lol. Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Do you have a yellow lab or do you just shed like crazy?

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job. Did that clay bar do the entire truck?
Yes it did, it is the Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit, available at autozone or Wal-Mart. I use a combination of hot water and plain ol' dawn dish soap as a clay lube, because the quick detailer is expensive. It does degrade the clay after one vehicle, but IMPO you should not be re-using a claybar anyway.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Looks good! What happened to your rear bumper!?

Don't you wish it took the same amount of time to do all that work as it does to scroll from the "before" pics to the "after" pics LOL

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rear bumper...the dimple on the left side was a hit and run that had less damage done than the deductible, I just havent fixed it. I am going to replace the bumper since its rusting anyway...

The one in the center was there when I bought the truck, part of the reason why I got it so cheap.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good job there. Makes me want to go buy a clay bar. I've been needing to do it to my Charger really bad. It really is fun to spend an afternoon detailing.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes it did, it is the Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit, available at autozone or Wal-Mart. I use a combination of hot water and plain ol' dawn dish soap as a clay lube, because the quick detailer is expensive. It does degrade the clay after one vehicle, but IMPO you should not be re-using a claybar anyway.

Good To know. I have one I was going to use on my Tundra but now I can use it on this in the summer. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
87 Posts
nice job, cmon up to maine, ill put ya to work, that retriever of yours has got nothing on the stuff i see go thru my shop!

on a side note my beagle rarely sheds :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts