DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple weeks ago about my instrument cluster lights coming on randomly and staying on for hours. Well now I have that still happening and when I lower my air suspension from the remote it doesn't go down fully. When I start the engine the EVIC reads "battery low start engine to change ride height". Been to the dealership twice for same issues. First time they flashed a couple modules, one of which was the air suspension one. Second time they replaced the RF Hub. They have involved the regional tech support people for the southeast, and the engineers up in Detroit. They have my truck for the third time and plan to keep it for 4 days to troubleshoot it. Anyone have any advice for me moving forward? Anyone heard of this problem?

The dealership seems to think if they cannot rectify the problem this time then Ram will replace my truck for me. That's what I think should happen. Didn't spend $45K on a brand new truck for it to be at the dealership 3 times for a total of 9 days in the first three weeks I have owned it... Any insight greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Somewhere between replacing my battery and doing the update for the air-suspension I haven't had that issue since. I believe it was more related to the battery than the update since when mine did that my battery dropped to less than 3 V over night. I put it on a battery charger all day and didn't have any more problems with it. When I brought it in several months later for my dealer to do the updates they said they replaced my battery since it showed bad. Make sure your dealer looks into your battery if they are sure they have done all of the latest updates.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've never had any of these problems, and I also have air suspension that I use on a daily basis. I think you should go with the new truck idea. Life's too short to spend all of your time at the dealer, and not having your own brand new truck to drive, well it's just not right. I paid big bucks for my truck, as you did, have them find or order you another one. Yours is a five on the lemon scale.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Going through the same thing. Had the updates and new battery, issue came back in a week. Waiting in a new drive shaft because it is binding when I try and lower the truck to entry mode. Also waiting to hear if the dealer has had any luck with the regional rep to get them to buy back the truck. I bought it mid august and it's been in the shop just about every week since, between the air ride issues and the PCM causing the truck to stall the morning after I bought the truck. Hope your issues get resolved. I am in the Tampa area PM me what dealership you bought from I wonder if it is the same.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Mass production = gonna get some bad ones.
In my line of work, i see it all the time, BUT, we have 100% quality control,
automotive manufacturing, not so much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wouldn't the battery message just be your truck trying to save you from draining the battery when it's not running? Seems legit to me. Otherwise you could sit there and lower and raise it until the battery goes dead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going through the same thing. Had the updates and new battery, issue came back in a week. Waiting in a new drive shaft because it is binding when I try and lower the truck to entry mode. Also waiting to hear if the dealer has had any luck with the regional rep to get them to buy back the truck. I bought it mid august and it's been in the shop just about every week since, between the air ride issues and the PCM causing the truck to stall the morning after I bought the truck. Hope your issues get resolved. I am in the Tampa area PM me what dealership you bought from I wonder if it is the same.

Can't PM you. Give me a call, seven 5 seven 567 four 2 zero 9. Kyle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way... I'm not sitting in a lawn chair drinking beer lowering and raising my truck dude... You can only lower from the remote, and I'm only lowering it one time to get in. If this would drain the battery they wouldn't have added the feature. That make sense to you? I'm curious why you would even bother writing that. Certainly not to be helpful, and it sure wasn't witty if that's what you're for.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Keep calm with your dealership and stay cool and they and Ram will make it right for you. brush up on the lemon laws in your state but Ram will work with you before that has to happen.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Kyle I don't think Nuke was trying to be witty nor did he accuse you of "sitting in a lawn chair drinking beer raising and lowering" your truck! I get it your frustrated and I would be too. But no one here is making light of your situation. Take deep breath and maybe have that beer. As others have said Ram WILL make it good, but they have to have a chance to fix it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today they found that the suspension module is never going to "sleep". That somehow is what they believe is causing the instrument cluster lights to come on randomly and draining the battery at the same time. They ordered it and will replace it tomorrow.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good luck Kyle... sorry I had classes this evening and just got home to check the forum. I got the same answer wait until they replace the drive shaft and see what happens. I have a couple issues with my air ride. One is the same one that you are having and the other is when lowering to entry while parked on a hill(my driveway) it feels like a roller coaster, now it is when raising the truck to Off road 2 on flat ground as well. Ram is refusing to do anything until after they try the Drive shaft.

Unfortunately JMS the lemon laws are nowhere near as good here in FL as they are In WI, we only get 105% of MSRP minus a penalty for millage so it kinda sucks to have to wait for more parts and repairs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts