DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a hunt to find out if there is any differences between the 2010 ram 1500 V8 5.7 Hemi motor, and the 2010 ram 2500 HD V8 5.7 hemi motor. I am having a hard time finding mods for my truck. I am wanting to do a k&n cold air intake system but everywhere says they can’t find it with my truck info. I have a 2010 Ram 2500 HD Mega Cab SLT V8 5.7. hemi.

·
Registered
281 Posts
By the way, you do know that those intake kits are more for looks than any performance improvement, right?

You'd have to have an engine making LOTS more HP than stock before that air intake would make much difference.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Don't waste your money on a cold air intake, the stock intake is a cold air intake that draws air from the low pressure area of the fender well, the K&N will be drawing air in from under the hood where all the engine heat is. The stock air box system supplies more than enough air for the engine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
By the way, you do know that those intake kits are more for looks than any performance improvement, right?

You'd have to have an engine making LOTS more HP than stock before that air intake would make much difference.
Wow, there is so much info on the CAI that says it works. I almost got one, now I will not.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 RAM Laramie, super limited,6" lift, KN nighthawk intake,flowmaster, 12" upfire subs
11 Posts
I'm running around with a K&N Nighthawk, the way it mounts is the same position the stock box was in,drawing air from the fender well area. No noticeable performance difference but it sure looks nice..I'm thinking of possibly adding a bigger throttle body..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm running around with a K&N Nighthawk, the way it mounts is the same position the stock box was in,drawing air from the fender well area. No noticeable performance difference but it sure looks nice..I'm thinking of possibly adding a bigger throttle body..
Throttle body upgrade on an otherwide stock engine is just like the air intake, won't make much difference.
On a built motor with higher flowing heads, bigger cam, headers and full exhaust, then the intake kit and throttle body would help. Or, with a supercharger with the exhaust mods, then a throttle body would make a big difference.

Only thing it will do for you on a stock engine is help you lose some weight from your wallet.

·
Registered
2017 RAM Laramie, super limited,6" lift, KN nighthawk intake,flowmaster, 12" upfire subs
11 Posts
Makes sense, that's what I was wondering, how much of actual difference it would make on an otherwise stock motor. Lol, my wallet is already slim with gas here in Cali going through the roof. Here is the factory Mopar option, they "say" it boosts torque and has HP gains, but I think it's just for a selling point, lol.
Looks smooth though
EvKFX58XIAcbQWp.jpeg.jpg

·
Registered
281 Posts
Makes sense, that's what I was wondering, how much of actual difference it would make on an otherwise stock motor. Lol, my wallet is already slim with gas here in Cali going through the roof. Here is the factory Mopar option, they "say" it boosts torque and has HP gains, but I think it's just for a selling point, lol.
Looks smooth though View attachment 137226
View attachment 137226
But that pic is of a charger/challenger air intake kit, not a pickup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
But that pic is of a charger/challenger air intake kit, not a pickup.
True..I should have elaborated, I was only pointing out the Mopar intake itself, I didn't mean for it to sound like that was a ram setup..:eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
when it comes to the 5.7 with the trucks I have noticed diffrences in the oil pan configuration my buddy has a 2006 5.7 1500 and he got a 2008 2500 5.7 and the pan hit everything

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am on a hunt to find out if there is any differences between the 2010 ram 1500 V8 5.7 Hemi motor, and the 2010 ram 2500 HD V8 5.7 hemi motor. I am having a hard time finding mods for my truck. I am wanting to do a k&n cold air intake system but everywhere says they can’t find it with my truck info. I have a 2010 Ram 2500 HD Mega Cab SLT V8 5.7. hemi. View attachment 137186 View attachment 137187
I have 2015 2500 4x4 Laramie 6,4 Hemi, The gas truck the axle's are heavier some have 5,7L and some 6,4L Hemi and or 6.7L Diesel, my 6.4L Hemi towed fair and got worst mileage towing up long steep grade I was gett4ing -3 to 4 and empty got 10 to 12, I had looked for true dual exhaust system. I found a shop that would build dual ex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I bought one. It’s weird they don’t have em for the 2500 . I just ordered the one for the 1500. Very happy with it. Sounds and feels great. K&N has never disappointed me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
when it comes to the 5.7 with the trucks I have noticed diffrences in the oil pan configuration my buddy has a 2006 5.7 1500 and he got a 2008 2500 5.7 and the pan hit everything
I have been thinking of adding a skid plate to mine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts