DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to keep the nozzle barley in the filler neck and fuel slowly or it will just spew out all over! If I put it all the way in, shuts off every 2 seconds and takes forever to fuel up!
Any suggestions other than replacing the fuel tank? Truck runs great, good fuel mileage and no other issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There was a post on a website that suggested using some wire to adjust the angle of the hose on the backside/ under fender of the gas line. I did this and now never have had the nozzle get stuck.

Let me guess, you live in California? I think it has something to due with the gas vapor capture system on the nozzles. I just have to avoid 76 stations still for some reason...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in AZ but it did happen while I was in California. The bigger issue is I have to barley squeeze the nozzle or it constantly shuts off and takes forever to fill up. I'm hoping I don't have to replace the fuel tank?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the same issue at one gas station in my area. What works for me.....with the nozzle all the way in the filler tube, push up toward the bed and hold it there. Since I've been doing this, I've had no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts