DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that several new Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep models have a digital speedometer that can be displayed on the 'EVIC' screen. The top rim of my steering wheel hides speeds between 60-80 mph. Does anyone know if the EVIC displays are interchangeable? I asked my Dodge dealer and they were clueless.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Hmm, news to me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, but I usually set the steering wheel where I can see all my guages. Just because it goes all the way down, doesn't mean you have to drive it at that position.

·
Registered
13,681 Posts
Not trying to pick on anyone...but...I can' believe some of the things people complain about haha. I set my wheel all the way up, and my seat all the way back, I never have this issue, and if I did, I'd just move my head so I could see lol. In seriousness I don't have an answer, but I'd doubt there is an interchange, and if anything, maybe the 2012 or 2013 rams will have this. I personally don't like digital gauges, I more use the location of the gauge to monitor it as I can't really take the time to read a digital gauge as I'm driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use my GPS as my speedo, it's more accurate anyways. The heat and oil guage are easy to see whatever position the steering wheel is in... what else do you really need on a regular basis?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I noticed that several new Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep models have a digital speedometer that can be displayed on the 'EVIC' screen. The top rim of my steering wheel hides speeds between 60-80 mph. Does anyone know if the EVIC displays are interchangeable? I asked my Dodge dealer and they were clueless.
I bet you didn't think you were going to get beat down for asking a question did ya? I haven't heard of this but the dealership should know if they are swappable.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know 100 % that the chargers with the audio controls on the wheel can do this, as me and my neighbor just did this with his car on the weekend, you have to hold the button with music note, and the compass button for approx 6 seconds, then it brings up all the cars information. pretty interesting, and u can go in there and see a digital speedo, you can even see when the computer was programmed and all the other interesting settings for the cars. As for the rams, i cant do this on mine as i dont have the audio controls, or compass button on the wheel... maybe other editions do??? anyways give it a shot if you have those 2 buttons:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dooner & snrusak - bestpilot wasn't complaining or griping about anything. All he did was ask can this be done. He didn’t ask for a lesson on where to put his steering wheel or why on earth would you want a feature like that!

He simply asked I have seen this on other Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep products can this be done on mine?

My 2006 Charger has the function as described above and I use it from time to time, it also has a lot of other hidden features one would like to view or use. Heck the newer Chargers 07 and later have a 0-60 timer how cool is that.

I for one have my steering wheel in the "approved" spot so I too can see all my gauges, but if there was a reflash on the EVIC to allow a digital Speedo I would get it and use it from time to time. I have a 2011 and it has the Garmin GPS and it has a speedo in the display I use it when I want exact numbers.

Back on topic,

Unless other RAMs have it I don't think Dodge will redesign the program just to add it. They use stuff like that as selling tools well the "newer" one can do this and the old one cannot.

·
Registered
462 Posts
EVIC flash is based on the options you have. For example if you have a built in navigation they flash with that particular model in mind to allow for the turn by turn option. Same thing if you have the brake controller.

I've used it in the new Grand Cherokees, mainly because I am tall and their gauges are sort of receded and awkward in my opinion. I think your out of luck for the Ram for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts