DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to start I am 19 and lazy. its ben some time sence i looked under my truck but i think the last owner just had the muffler cut off and piped out to duals. What im looking to do is find a set of direct fit headers if there is such a thing. But is it even worth my time and money? I am in it for the sound but power is a plus. Some thing else i would like to know is if it is posible to run headers with no cats and just pipe it back?.

Help me plez!:doh:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
well, if you want to lose power..run it exactly how you said. Our hemi's like flow, but it also needs to have good scavenging which no muffler and straight pipin won't do...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
get something with a good Y pipe..if your state doesn't do testing, remove the cats as well. Now, i went with a different theory on my setup and it has worked great for me...I wanted alot of flow and like true duals to an extent. so I ran true duals all the way back to the muffler...now here is what i did different, i took a typical single/dual out muffler and flipped it..the muffler itself is a Y pipe and i have it single out. My truck performs so well that a few guys who saw my truck at the track and have seen my setup have gone to my muffler guy and had the exact setup made for them..

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
o yea, my whole exhaust setup (except lt headers which i already had)...and cutouts which i supplied, cost me $250...all you gotta do is find that right independent muffler shop..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.