DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 Ram 1500 is from Canada (but now is in the US) and has DRLs that use the high beam. I want to disable them because I installed LED bulb conversions that cause the DRLs to flicker. Also, if they didn't flicker, they would stay on high beam all the time as DRLs because they don't have the capability to dim (this info directly from the LED conversion manufacturer). Hence the reason I want to disable DRL.

How do I do this with a vehicle from Canada? Has anybody done it? Anything I see on forums its to either enable DRL or people saying dealers can't do it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If a vehicle is brought in from Canada, the DRL `s are supposed to be de-activated, also the DIP is suppose to be changed out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If a vehicle is brought in from Canada, the DRL `s are supposed to be de-activated, also the DIP is suppose to be changed out.
Really? I didn't know that. I bought the vehicle from a truck dealership in Washington about an hour and a half from Canada. I wonder if they have the capability to de-activate? Also, sorry what is DIP?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Really? I didn't know that. I bought the vehicle from a truck dealership in Washington about an hour and a half from Canada. I wonder if they have the capability to de-activate? Also, sorry what is DIP?
They should be able to turn them off. The DIP driver`s instrument panel should be MPH not KM/H.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ah ok, yeah my DIP is changeable on the fly as I drive. I can select MPH or KM/H.
It is also referred to as EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center).
Does the analog speedo in your truck have both MPH and km/h. Is the big numbers in km/h and the mph is small numbers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Does the analog speedo in your truck have both MPH and km/h. Is the big numbers in km/h and the mph is small numbers?
MPH is bigger. Now I just did a VIN search though which for some dumb reason I never did before. I just took the dealer word for it and the Carfax as far as where it had been registered. It was manufactured in Michigan then taken to Canada.

I don't know if that means anything though...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
MPH is bigger. Now I just did a VIN search though which for some dumb reason I never did before. I just took the dealer word for it and the Carfax as far as where it had been registered. It was manufactured in Michigan then taken to Canada.

It was manufactured at the Warren, Michigan plant, that's where all 1500 4x4 were built. The ones that go to Canada are built there as well.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yes you can change the speed from KM/H to MPH on the fly but unless the dealer changed everything else all your gauges will still be in metric.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

OK they did replace the EVIC

·
Registered
119 Posts
The dealer just has to remove the DRL sales code from your VIN in their system. If you search the forum on adding DRLs you can read about the process.

·
Registered
50 Posts
have you tried an anti flicker cable. that's what it took to get my LED's to stop flickering, bought one from morimoto, these canbus system in 2015 and newer are a real PIA lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I took this to the dealership and found out that there isn't even a sales code listed for them to access. The only sales code for my VIN is the backup camera which I had added after purchase.

The truck was built in Michigan but immediately sent to the Canadian market. Somewhere in that build process they enabled high beam DRL another way - not using a sales code. Someone on another Ram forum had the same issue but never found a solution.

I will look in to an anti-flicker cable unless anyone else has ideas?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts